Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > General > Off-Topic Discussion
Elementary School Shooting. At least 2 dead. >

Elementary School Shooting. At least 2 dead.

Elementary School Shooting. At least 2 dead.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Great White Jeep

Year: Jeepless
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Elementary School Shooting. At least 2 dead.

Well yet another shooting by my house. Literally this is 1 street down from me which is like a 1/2 mile. Sad that it took place at a school. Hopefully they get it all cleared up by the time I am off work so I can actually get home.

Story here
Old 04-10-2017, 04:41 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

Just saw this while on break at work. Definitely shouldn't have been at an elementary school geeze. Stay safe out there in commifornia

BTW, Aren't schools gun-free zones? HOW THE HELL DID HE MAKE IT ON SCHOOL PROPERTY WITH A GUN?!?!?! THE SIGNS CLEARLY STATE NO GUNS! HOW DID HE DO IT?!.....

Last edited by Jeepin'_Aint_EZ; 04-10-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:46 PM
CF Veteran

Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Old 04-10-2017, 04:54 PM
CF Veteran

Ridiculous.. Stuff like this angers me to no end.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Great White Jeep

This kind of stuff really makes me want to move. I swear this is at least the 4th shooting near my house in the past year. This time it was way to close. I pass by that school everyday. Pretty sure I saw my house when they zoomed out from one of the heli cameras. As of right now, it looks like they have all the streets shut down around my house so I dont know how I am getting home tonight. Hopefully they start opening up streets by the time I head home. There are no back ways in to my neighborhood either since it backs up to the mountain. Going to be an interesting night. 2 more hours until I find out for sure...
Old 04-10-2017, 05:53 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 5-Speed View Post
This kind of stuff really makes me want to move. I swear this is at least the 4th shooting near my house in the past year. This time it was way to close. I pass by that school everyday. Pretty sure I saw my house when they zoomed out from one of the heli cameras. As of right now, it looks like they have all the streets shut down around my house so I dont know how I am getting home tonight. Hopefully they start opening up streets by the time I head home. There are no back ways in to my neighborhood either since it backs up to the mountain. Going to be an interesting night. 2 more hours until I find out for sure...
From the sounds of it, the gunman had some sort of connection to the female teacher.

Safe travels home, they will usually allow you access past the road block if you can show proof of residency. (address on drivers license)
Old 04-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Great White Jeep

Well I made it home. Everything to the west of my house is shut down. There are so many news vans and helis. Pretty sure I got the Jeep on camera too. So if anyone is watching, when you see a white Jeep making a turn with one tire chirping, that was me!
Old 04-10-2017, 08:25 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)

From what I heard at 9:00 PM, he was married to the teacher, but estranged. The 2 kids were behind her when he started shooting. He emptied the revolver, reloaded, then shot himself. He actually checked in at the school office before proceeding to the classroom.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:03 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998

Old 04-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Great White Jeep

The school is still a zoo. Tons of news vans out. There were 4 different interviews going on this morning just in one intersection. They said the school will be shut down for a few days. That part is nice cause there is a lot less traffic!
Old 04-11-2017, 08:52 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)

I delivered the Tuesday Syracuse Post Standard newspaper and NOWHERE in it was a mention of the school shooting! NONE!