CF Relief Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 07:58 PM
TIME TO GET SCHWIFTY

Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.6 stroker
Default CF Relief Thread

Okay, so with hurricanes Harvey, and now Irma, wreaking havoc on our shores, some of our members have had hardships, or are about to. Harvey was rough for sure, and I apologize for not thinking of this sooner, but now with Irma directly affecting not only users, but our staff as well, I feel we need to do what we can to help our fellow CF users and Jeep community as a whole.

That said, the ultimate goal of this thread, is we hope NONE of our users have to post anything here. But we wanted to do something, just in case, IF anyone TRULY needs a hand.

Now, normally we refrain from crowd funding on the site. I feel this is entirely different, however. People are losing their homes, or being put out of them to repair, and having little to no resources to do it with...going to the store for supplies is insanity for these folks, it's simply not there. Maybe they got enough for a few days, but then what? This stuff takes time.

Also remember, people are trying just to get back to normal as quickly as they can, but they aren't going to be able to go to work, get a paycheck, shop for food, you get what I'm saying? So, the staff here has been discussing what can WE do to help out...

So here's what we've come up with. If you need a hand, due to rebuilding, losing your home, your ride, your clothes, whatever...we would like to help where we can. So, ANYONE adversely affected by either Harvey or Irma, is welcome to ask for help here. At first, I thought of doing a CF fund, but quickly realized it would be a nightmare. So here's the deal...if you need help, start a gofundme or similar account. That way YOU will get direct funds that you need. Then, PM either myself, or any of the mods here on the site, with your info. We will go over it, make sure it's legit (because **** scammers, LOL), and then post up your info here, for all to see, and hopefully get you some help you need.

With that said, anyone who ISN'T adversely affected, by all means, PLEASE DONATE to help those fellow Jeepers out. Even if it's only a few bucks, it could make the difference between having tuna fish and top ramen for dinner, versus having roadkill and tainted water, haha...and one other thing, if you're anywhere near one of our affected members, offer up to go help with cleanup if you can. An hour or two out of your day can make a world of difference in someone else's life.

So there it is folks. Again, I sincerely hope no one has to make use of this. Stay safe, hunker down where you can, and know we are hoping the best for you and your families.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:30 PM
TIME TO GET SCHWIFTY

Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.6 stroker

You can reach any of us here...send PM's to several people, as not all mods may be able to answer or inactive ATM

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/showgroups.php
Old 09-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Great White Jeep

Year: Jeepless
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Awesome. Thanks Roni and the rest of the staff for setting this up. Im in to help however I can.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

As a central FL member from the PNW I hope to not need any assistance here, I do hope that I can help after the dust settles though (or while it's kickin up, whichever comes first...lol)