Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > General > Off-Topic Discussion
Any one else up tending the fire? >

Any one else up tending the fire?

Any one else up tending the fire?

Old 06-09-2017, 11:50 PM

Model: Cherokee
Default Any one else up tending the fire?

Up tonight smoking 2 pork butts and a full packer brisket for a surprise birthday BBQ tomorrow afternoon !
Old 06-09-2017, 11:55 PM
CF Veteran

Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

What state are you in?
I am on my way!
Old 06-10-2017, 12:17 AM

Haha I am in Missouri . Just finally got it all on the smoker and rolling . After doing way too much smoking I always start at midnight because usually ( not always) I can fire up the smoker at midnight and they'll be ready to come off right around noon or 1 the next day . Then, I have time to let the meat "rest" before the finale at 4pm tomorrow afternoon . Brisket is always my biggest challenge so the last couple I've done I have put in foil pans to keep it cooking in its own juices . They're too expensive for me to risk drying out . The pork butts on the other hand are a breeze !
Old 06-10-2017, 10:46 AM

WE are still cooking just pulled one of the butts off
Old 06-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Great White Jeep

Year: Jeepless
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Do you ship? I could go for some of that right now
Old 06-10-2017, 08:20 PM

Haha it was phenomenal and I wouldn't begin to know how to ship cooked food . I could give tips and info on how to do it ... it's really easy! And my smoker is cheap, durable and efficient . It is a Weber smoker mountain .
Old 06-10-2017, 10:16 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 Litre I6

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey17 View Post
Haha it was phenomenal and I wouldn't begin to know how to ship cooked food . I could give tips and info on how to do it ... it's really easy! And my smoker is cheap, durable and efficient . It is a Weber smoker mountain .
The WSM is my smoker of choice. I have a knock off WSM, wish I had the real thang.

We have a BBQ school about and hour and 15 mins from my house. The do a couple different courses.

I think one is chicken and ribs. I know the brisket class is overnight. All taught by BBQ tourney circuit pros. Always wanted to take a class. One of my co-workers did it, he said it was a great experience and elevated his game 10 fold.

Let me just find their flyer real quick.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:30 PM

This may sound silly but if you want a wsm keep an eye on Craigslist they sell on there left and right . I have thought about buying another one for big cooks or even a 14.5 for smaller cooks . People get a wsm and get hooked because they're so easy to use and then think there upgrading when they buy something more expensive and less efficient and end up losing interest . I like to stick with what works however ! Harry Soo of "slap yo daddy " BBQ uses wsm's exclusively and has won a bunch of national championships . I started out on a big ole trailer smoker with some older guys and got really into it but am glad the wsm is what I bought myself . I can set the smoker up at midnight , get it to temp I like and go to sleep for a few hours get up make a minor adjustment and recheck a few times throughout the day depending on wind and weather maybe add fuel once ... but otherwise they hold temp very well and cook some amazing BBQ !!
Old 06-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1993
Engine: 2.5L

Cheers from one BBQ'er to another!

I'm driving through MO tomorrow. I'll swing by and pick up your leftovers.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:31 PM

Haha im giving the entire leftover pork butt to my Dad as an early Father's Day gift . What part of Missouri are you coming through ?
Old 06-11-2017, 07:09 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1993
Engine: 2.5L

The Western side of the state - Springfield up through Kansas City then on I-29 back up to South Dakota.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:40 AM

Nice I believe you'll be coming right through depending on whether you come up and hit 50 or 70 highway to head to kc to jump on i29
Old 06-11-2017, 10:41 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 Litre I6

When I get home, I'm going to upload a sad little picture of my WSM wannabe for ya'll to laugh at.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:55 AM

Haha ! I won't laugh a smoker is a smoker . But seriously check Craigslist you can probably pick one up for 150-200 in an 18.5 like I have .
Old 06-11-2017, 11:45 AM
tarmac tiara

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

my old man has been using the round charcoal brinkmanns for decades. tough to beat. ain't the tools near as much as it is the operator. he's good. i'm learning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: