Amazon pop up

Old 02-02-2018, 12:18 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 185
Model: Cherokee
Default Amazon pop up



Is anybody else getting this pop up? Itís making browsing or posting on the forums nearly impossible for me. If I try to close it out it just takes me to a different site. I have to close out cherokeeforum to get rid of it. It only happens to me on this site. Iíve tried everything I know to do but canít rid myself of it.

Took ok me three attempts to post this without getting interrupted by it.
Sota is offline  
Old 02-02-2018, 12:27 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
wizardpc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Nolensville, TN
Posts: 772
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

I get that thing ALL OVER THE PLACE. Not here, though.
wizardpc is offline  
Old 02-02-2018, 12:51 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Lake00XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 532
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L
Default

I do too. That's why I use the app. I have Adblock on my computer but idk of anything like that for the iPhone
Lake00XJ is offline  
Old 02-03-2018, 10:12 PM
  #4  
CF Veteran
 
investinwaffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL / Denver, CO
Posts: 2,085
Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default

Originally Posted by wizardpc View Post
I get that thing ALL OVER THE PLACE. Not here, though.
I get malicious redirects from time time to time, on Android using just google chrome to browse the mobile CF site.

It always is one of the "you have one zillion viruses and need to click this link to remove them" ones, super annoying.

EDIT:
It is definitely from the advertisements I think. I don't have any issues on my computer using Chrome, and I have CF whitelisted in my ad blocker so they make some revenue.
investinwaffles is offline  
Old 02-04-2018, 05:19 AM
  #5  
CF Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: syracuse ny
Posts: 1,603
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

well! that looks like a PITA
97grand4.0 is offline  
Old 02-04-2018, 08:15 AM
  #6  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 0
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L, 6 cylinder
Default

Originally Posted by Sota View Post


Is anybody else getting this pop up? Itís making browsing or posting on the forums nearly impossible for me. If I try to close it out it just takes me to a different site. I have to close out cherokeeforum to get rid of it. It only happens to me on this site. Iíve tried everything I know to do but canít rid myself of it.

Took ok me three attempts to post this without getting interrupted by it.
Started happening to me last month. I only ever see it when I access CF.
Krawl500 is offline  
Old 02-04-2018, 08:28 AM
  #7  
CF Veteran
 
00t444e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,808
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by investinwaffles View Post
I get malicious redirects from time time to time, on Android using just google chrome to browse the mobile CF site.

It always is one of the "you have one zillion viruses and need to click this link to remove them" ones, super annoying.

EDIT:
It is definitely from the advertisements I think. I don't have any issues on my computer using Chrome, and I have CF whitelisted in my ad blocker so they make some revenue.
My Android does the same thing on certain forums this being one of them. It is very annoying and I haven't been able to fix it.
00t444e is offline  
Old 02-04-2018, 05:26 PM
  #8  
CF Veteran
 
caged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,493
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

i have adblock plus on my android phone and my pc. great add on for sure.
caged is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
kennzz05
Off-Topic Discussion
1
12-11-2012 11:41 AM
bigboy813
Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here
0
01-31-2012 09:04 PM
XJRaider
Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here
18
01-09-2012 06:10 PM
Axel1831
Off-Topic Discussion
2
07-12-2011 10:25 AM
candymancan
Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here!
20
08-29-2010 05:15 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Amazon pop up


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: