Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Safety switch possibly?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Default Safety switch possibly?

I own a 93 jeep Cherokee country, when i got it, it had a safety switch (NSS)on it and i was heading home tonight and as i was going down the road the radio just cut off and heat cut off, (the things that i have to play with the safety switch to cut on when you start it up) anyway when they cut off i played with the switch and it came back on, but it continues to cut off as im going down the road. I recently just installed halo lights but has nothing to do with the safety switch so im not sure whats up, id appreciate it if someone could help me out. I mean i did run my halos to a on off on switch and i get the power from the fuse box. So could i of done somthing in the fuse box or is it the switch? Help me please!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dylan15
I own a 93 jeep Cherokee country, when i got it, it had a safety switch (NSS)on it and i was heading home tonight and as i was going down the road the radio just cut off and heat cut off, (the things that i have to play with the safety switch to cut on when you start it up) anyway when they cut off i played with the switch and it came back on, but it continues to cut off as im going down the road. I recently just installed halo lights but has nothing to do with the safety switch so im not sure whats up, id appreciate it if someone could help me out. I mean i did run my halos to a on off on switch and i get the power from the fuse box. So could i of done somthing in the fuse box or is it the switch? Help me please!
I would start by following the safety switch wires and see if your have a lose connection somewhere first.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

NSS is only involved in starting, radio & heat= different circuits.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:09 PM

Year: 1993

Originally Posted by Turbo X_J
NSS is only involved in starting, radio & heat= different circuits.
Yeah its gotta be the switch, cause now i just found out today once i put my turn signal on the turn signal, radio, and heat turned off