Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HELP!! 2002 Jeep Aftermarket Stereo Not working

Old 08-30-2018, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Unhappy HELP!! 2002 Jeep Aftermarket Stereo Not working

Hey all!! I've been struggling with this repair for awhile and i can't seem to figure this out. So i have a cheaper stereo i bought off amazon (all i could afford ) that i have installed with a new harness kit. First i'll tell you the problem and hope that you can help. My stereo works only when my headlights are turned on no matter the setting. Ive matched all the wires to correct colored wires except for the orange illumination wire because the the stereo does not have an orange wire i.e illumination wire. I was told by a friend to just combine the orange wire with the red wire which is what i have set up now. I tried just not having the wire connected and the stereo did not work at all even when the lights were on. I also tried grounding the stereo directly to the frame to see if that would help and that was a no go. I'm really stumped and want this issues fixed. My wife, kids and i love to go to the drive in theater and its a pain because you need the radio for the sound and i have to unplug the headlights every time we go. If you have any idea or any things i can check i would really appreciate the help. Also i will note that the memory function is working its not resetting when its cut off. I have a 2002 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo.