Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

ARB Switch Lights Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default ARB Switch Lights Help

Hey guys,

I'm finally getting around to wiring up my ARB compressor and prepping for the install of my rear locker. I can't seem to find anywhere on the interweb whether or not my rear locker switch should be lighting up like it does. I'm pretty certain I've got the wires right on the rear locker switch as I don't think there's another way to put them on that would allow the solenoid to operate correctly (which it does) and the interior lights on indicator to work. I just didn't expect the "activated/on" light to come on when the compressor switch is on. I know the compressor switch is the isolation switch for the system. I'm using the ARB compressor harness. 1st is with the lights on, 2nd lights on and compressor switch on, and 3rd lights off, compressor on. When I turn on the rear locker switch, the solenoid opens and the compressor kicks on (I don't have tubing or the locker installed yet). Is this how it's supposed to look?

Thanks for your help,

Rob

Old 03-18-2017, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0
Default Whoops...

I did have terminals 2 & 3 backwards...darn loops in the wiring diagrams. It was NOT fun prying that switch out of the panel.

Rob
Old 03-18-2017, 05:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Lol there ya go!