Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

4 Lights In Parallel Question

Old 04-10-2017, 05:25 PM

Model: Cherokee
Default 4 Lights In Parallel Question

Afternoon everyone, so I've got a question regarding wiring some offroad lights to my roof rack. I'd like to wire four lights to a single switch. I found this wiring diagram below:

http://www.ethnoecho.com/wp-content/...-For-Those.jpg

My question is this, what is the best way to wire the lights in parallel? I understand how the circuit works in theory, however how do I translate that into reality? How do I branch four wires of the positive like shown in the diagram ie. what technique/tool do I use to achieve that type of connection?

Thanks for any input!
Old 04-10-2017, 05:58 PM
CF Veteran

Model: Cherokee

Run a main and use t-taps for each individual light. Just make sure the gauge of wire you use is sufficient.

Otherwise solder and heat shrink tubing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: