Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

00 xj driver side speakers not working

Old 06-05-2017, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 00 xj driver side speakers not working

So finally after years iv acquired an xj. I knew going into it that there would probably be problems, all original wires. But this is over my head. Im novice at electrical at best, iv done some work on my motorcycle but never really messed with audio in a vehicle. So i get everything set up and my driver side speaker isnt playing, i had no rear at the time. I check it and it was wired up but not to the stereo. so i trace the original wiring and hook it to the speaker which still didnt work. I tried the driver rear and same, just a dead wire. Someone had cut the original wiring harness then put it all back together later i presume. Can i test the speaker from where they cut it, and if it works can i just run off of that after i solder longer wire on it? But if it doesnt work...what then? any help is appreciated!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Are these the original speakers or replacements?