Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

00 xj driver side speakers not working

Old 06-05-2017, 10:14 PM

Model: Cherokee
Default 00 xj driver side speakers not working

So finally after years iv acquired an xj. I knew going into it that there would probably be problems, all original wires. But this is over my head. Im novice at electrical at best, iv done some work on my motorcycle but never really messed with audio in a vehicle. So i get everything set up and my driver side speaker isnt playing, i had no rear at the time. I check it and it was wired up but not to the stereo. so i trace the original wiring and hook it to the speaker which still didnt work. I tried the driver rear and same, just a dead wire. Someone had cut the original wiring harness then put it all back together later i presume. Can i test the speaker from where they cut it, and if it works can i just run off of that after i solder longer wire on it? But if it doesnt work...what then? any help is appreciated!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Banned

Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Are these the original speakers or replacements?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: