MJ Comanche Tech. Stock & Modified. MJ (86-92)
All discussion regarding the Jeep Comanche, the pickup truck related to the Cherokee platform.

Superlift?

Old 01-12-2017, 05:41 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
cherokeexj21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ct
Posts: 165
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Superlift?

Hey guys, Ive been looking around for a small lift 2-3 inches for my MJ and was wondering if anyone as any experiance with the Superlift brand? Thanks.
cherokeexj21 is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 09:01 PM
  #2  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6
Model: Cherokee
Default

Back when I first started with jeeps xj and mj that was what there was a 3 inch super lift. Front coils rear add a leaf and shocks. They held up great back then bought many kits 250.00 shipped back in 97-98 time frame.
Mouse4x4 is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 08:27 AM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
cherokeexj21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ct
Posts: 165
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Mouse4x4 View Post
Back when I first started with jeeps xj and mj that was what there was a 3 inch super lift. Front coils rear add a leaf and shocks. They held up great back then bought many kits 250.00 shipped back in 97-98 time frame.
Sounds good thank you. I was looking at a Superlift 2.5 inch lift comes with Add a leaf, shocks, coils and front lower control arms. Probably gonna need an adjustable trac-bar.
cherokeexj21 is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 01:00 AM
  #4  
CF Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hell, CA
Posts: 2,127
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default

I wouldn't bother with that, honestly.
Not sure what your budget is, but I will give you a list of "budget-friendly" parts to buy.
Front..
OME 934 coils
straighten hard brake line for more travel
IRO double shear TB/mount
WJ LCA's or aftermarket fixed LCA

Rear..
MJ bastard Pack/extended shackle, find another MJ pack and use the main leaf + maybe another to get height you want. They use 3/8" center pin, so an allen head bolt/nut/washers should work (maybe need to drill out leaf perch hole)

JK Rubi take-off shocks should work just fine. You can probably press the bar pin out of the rear and use in the front shocks.
Metmknice is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 05:53 AM
  #5  
Seasoned Member
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Louisiana
Posts: 373
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default

Originally Posted by cherokeexj21 View Post
Hey guys, Ive been looking around for a small lift 2-3 inches for my MJ and was wondering if anyone as any experiance with the Superlift brand? Thanks.
I actually live close enough to Superlift that I drive up there on occasion and purchase things..
They are always very competitive on pricing and in most cases the cheaper option.
I just re-installed a pair of their coils yesterday.
Have been satisfied with everything I have purchased and used of theirs.
Constantine is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 06:37 PM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
cherokeexj21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ct
Posts: 165
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Metmknice View Post
I wouldn't bother with that, honestly.
Not sure what your budget is, but I will give you a list of "budget-friendly" parts to buy.
Front..
OME 934 coils
straighten hard brake line for more travel
IRO double shear TB/mount
WJ LCA's or aftermarket fixed LCA

Rear..
MJ bastard Pack/extended shackle, find another MJ pack and use the main leaf + maybe another to get height you want. They use 3/8" center pin, so an allen head bolt/nut/washers should work (maybe need to drill out leaf perch hole)

JK Rubi take-off shocks should work just fine. You can probably press the bar pin out of the rear and use in the front shocks.
Really? interesting never thought JK parts would fit on a MJ
cherokeexj21 is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 06:51 PM
  #7  
Member
Thread Starter
 
cherokeexj21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ct
Posts: 165
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
I actually live close enough to Superlift that I drive up there on occasion and purchase things..
They are always very competitive on pricing and in most cases the cheaper option.
I just re-installed a pair of their coils yesterday.
Have been satisfied with everything I have purchased and used of theirs.
Thanks! thats good to hear Ive heard a lot of mixed reviews about Superlift people say its cheap but whatever some people are ridiculous.
cherokeexj21 is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 08:52 PM
  #8  
Seasoned Member
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Louisiana
Posts: 373
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default

Well, it depends on what you buy from them.
In general, they are cheap.
Skyjacker and superlift are about 25 mins apart down the interstate and they are always cheaper.
But, skyjacker usually costs more than Rubicon express....

From personal experience, the factory MJ rear shocks are longer than the JK Rubicon rear shocks, unsure about the fronts as I'm running some YJ wrangler fronts.
I have MJ rears and YJ fronts on my 4" lifted XJ atm.

I bought a set of red body JK Rubicon shocks and front/rear are shorter than what I'm running now......
Constantine is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: