KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

Anti-lock issues? 2014?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2014
Model: Cherokee
Default Anti-lock issues? 2014?

I just recently purchased a used 2014 Cherokee (North Edition). It has the active-drive II system option.

Are there any known problems with anti-lock systems on these?

Today, I took it out for my first backcountry test - an icy backroad. Everything seemed fine until I tried a descent (on my way out, on a hill that I just climbed fine without issues) and then the wheels totally lost all traction. I was accelerating down the hill, and at no point did I feel any of the vibration feeling coming from the anti-locks. I eventually spun around and was descending the hill backwards... luckily eventually finding sound traction in snow just before a pretty steep ditch.

Before loosing traction, I was going as slow as you could have a vehicle going... much less than walking speed.

I just upgraded from a Hyundai Sante-Fe, and the Cherokee's lack of traction surprised me. I would have expected to have done what I did today in the Sante-Fe without any issue. The tires are also brand new winter tires (less than 100 miles on them, better than I'd ever had on the Sante Fe)

Last edited by Mudape; 12-25-2016 at 11:38 AM.