NEWS FLASH: Jeep Cherokee pulls 2 Ton truck!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Default NEWS FLASH: Jeep Cherokee pulls 2 Ton truck!

So I decided to take my sister, her boyfriend, and my son to do some light wheelin and shoot some guns for a fun afternoon. Well I was driving a 96 F250 with the long bed and AT tires. Little did I know my front end 4WD was totally inoperable. I got through some serious stuff that I honestly thought I was in 4WD for and then I get stuck in a 8in deep mud puddle. I was thinking of what I should do when all the sudden I see 2 Cherokees and a Wrangler come over the horizon. One of the Cherokees pulled me out in about 5 min with a jerk strap and I was on my way. By this time I knew my front end wasn't turning and I was ready to get out of the area. Of course I got stuck again, this time much worse. The same dude had to pull me out with his winch on a 2:1 and his buddy's Cherokee on a jerk strap. I gave him $100 for his good work. That's when I knew I wanted a Cherokee. I sold the truck and put it towards the wife's new car. I went riding the scooter for 6 months and now I've got my own shiny used Cherokee ready to trick out and make into a 4 wheelin machine. My sister thinks I'm a chugger but I'm convinced, Cherokee is a great ORV and I can fit my whole family (including the dog) in it. I can't wait to get the back carpet bloody with a nice buck. So that's me in a nutshell, I'm working on a 4.5in lift and 32in tires first, then I'm gonna do some performance upgrades, then it's on to bumpers and a winch. I know it's gonna be a project, thanks for listening. Any common sense on the lift and tires is greatly appreciated. If those fella's are on here from FBNC who pulled me out (I've seen you guys on base) shoot me a message I'd really appreciate some advice. Happy Jeepin, Brendan.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool! welcome to the forum from NC!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 9teen98
Engine: 4.0 I6

cool story and welcome