new in STL

Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 96
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default new in STL

Just wanted to do a quick intro and say hi to all. I landed my first XJ as a trade for a busted chevy 2wd pickup that was given to me cause they couldn't get it to run. As a mechanic by trade i always run into "deals" (or money pits) like that. I've owned dozens of 4x4 vehicles from tube chassis, rockwell axle rock crawlers to a Humvee and everything in between including a CJ and a ZJ. So far I have thrown a couple inches of lift on the XJ by way of parts I had laying around and then i went after the fenders with a plazma cutter and threw some new 31's on it and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it's ability to get through the trails and mud with relative ease. Especially since one of the jerk offs at work had the nerve to tell me it looked like a lifted Volvo wagon grocery getter shortly before asking me to recover his craptastic rodeo from the ditch he tried to drive through to prove it would out do the XJ. I told him that i would be happy to call a tow truck for him but i didnt have any straps in the back to hook up to him because my Volvo wagon was only for getting groceries and there was no reason for me to carry recovery equipment to and from the supermarket. Then i drove into the ditch next to him, stopped and shook my head and drove out........ in 2wd
Old 02-18-2012, 02:44 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

Welcome to the family.

Have any pics of the Jeep or any other of your past toys?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:58 PM

Year: 96

Ill try to get pics up asap. right now my only access to the web is on my droid phone. computer crashed last week with all of my pics and vids of the wheelin trips
Old 02-25-2012, 11:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Welcome to CF.