Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 07:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default New Member/Vendor

Hey y'all. My name is Herb and I am a Jeep-a-holic.

But seriously I am the owner of Rock Solid Off-Road. We are now officially a supporting vendor of CherokeeForum. Our site is dedicated to both Cherokee and Wrangler parts and accessories. It is a relatively new site and we are adding parts daily so if you don't see it there just ask. We may be able to get it for you. I'll post more about that in the vendor section. You can check out our profile in the Vendor Directory too.

I also happen to be a recent convert from a TJ and the proud owner of a '99 Cherokee Classic so I look forward to joining the conversation on a more personal level too. I've found a lot of good info on here in the short time I've owned it and it looks like there's a pretty good group of people here so I'm very happy to be supporting the forum.

First run after adding the lift, axles, flares and tires.

I've been into off-roading my whole life in one form or another starting with trials bikes and moving onto 4 wheel drives in '02. Finally got my first Jeep in '07 and I was hooked.

I look forward to being part of the conversation and hope we can help out with parts or even just information if that's what's needed. Feel free to email or PM me, whatever is easiest and I'll do my best get you what you need as quick as possible.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey man! Welcome here to the forum. Looking forward to your build here if u start one.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks man. I'm going to get a build thread started soon. It was a pull it in, put it on stands and tear it all off from the chassis down kind of build so there's a lot to catch up on with it.

I was in West Chester last year to pick up an Xterra project that put a hole in my pocket and went away all in about 6 months. I'm originally from Clearfield, PA about half a state away from you on I-80.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:04 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 2.5 td

Welcome and hope you gain good business through forum.
Do you deliver overseas to England?
Old 02-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks bullettooth2008. We have only been shipping to the US so far but we can get you a quote if there's something you would like.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

Welcome to CherokeeForum! Hopefully we help your business out a bit.

Just curious... Have you used the W.A.S.P.? I saw it on your front page. Ive been debating getting an anchor for the snow... Pulpall is 220ish- Only one review of the W.A.S.P and it wasn't that great but I don't see why it would be an inferior product. Cool how small it folds up. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:32 PM
Former Sponsor

I haven't played with it personally. We have plenty of trees where I wheel. ;-)
It has been selling very well though and like you I can't see why it wouldn't work. I haven't seen the pull pal for less than $620 but that may be a different model. ARB has one in the $450 range but they are always out of stock lately so we don't have them on the site.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:41 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

Originally Posted by RockSolidOff-Road
I haven't played with it personally. We have plenty of trees where I wheel. ;-)
It has been selling very well though and like you I can't see why it wouldn't work. I haven't seen the pull pal for less than $620 but that may be a different model. ARB has one in the $450 range but they are always out of stock lately so we don't have them on the site.
I have plenty of trees till I get above the timberline Thanks for the info! I have the pullpall brochure somewhere but may certainly be mistaken on cost. Ridiculous if its that pricy. I just dumped another 2500 in my jeep so once my jeep fund fills a little bit, I might grab one from you.

Do you have the folded up size dimensions by chance? Ive been trying to find out what smittybuilt was thinking you can put on the small side (opposite of Jerry Can) of their new XJ tire carrier.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:33 PM
Former Sponsor

I'll take a look on Monday and see if I can get get some measurements for you.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:50 PM
CF Veteran

I'll take a look on Monday and see if I can get get some measurements for you.
Thanks!
Old 02-22-2015, 09:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to checking out your website!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ianf406
Thanks!
Still working on those dimensions for the WASP. We drop ship most stuff so we can ship from warehouses closer to the sale and speed up delivery. Unfortunately that means I can't walk out and pull one off the shelf to measure it for you. I'll let you know when I get something.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Do you have the folded up size dimensions by chance? Ive been trying to find out what smittybuilt was thinking you can put on the small side (opposite of Jerry Can) of their new XJ tire carrier.
Ianf406,

Finally got some numbers on the WASP. The packaged size is 21x14x13. I know you wanted the folded up size. I would say it's going to be close to that length and width wise but it should be flatter than that all broken down.

I talked to Smittybilt and asked about it fitting on the tire carrier and he said no unless you fab a mount for it. I think the spot you're asking about is where the Hi-Lift is supposed to mount.

Hope that helps. They are selling like hot cakes right now.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:25 PM
CF Veteran

Ianf406,

Finally got some numbers on the WASP. The packaged size is 21x14x13. I know you wanted the folded up size. I would say it's going to be close to that length and width wise but it should be flatter than that all broken down.

I talked to Smittybilt and asked about it fitting on the tire carrier and he said no unless you fab a mount for it. I think the spot you're asking about is where the Hi-Lift is supposed to mount.

Hope that helps. They are selling like hot cakes right now.
Yea the hi-lift brand doesn't fit In there. Maybe the Smittybuilt does? It came with mounts to mount the hi-lift horizontal across the top. Mine works well that way. Thanks for the info. Ill have to see if I cant find a way to strap it in there. Ill hit you up when In ready to order.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Yea the hi-lift brand doesn't fit In there. Maybe the Smittybuilt does? It came with mounts to mount the hi-lift horizontal across the top. Mine works well that way. Thanks for the info. Ill have to see if I cant find a way to strap it in there. Ill hit you up when In ready to order.
Well that's good to know. They say its a Hi-Lift mount you'd think it would fit. Gotta love it.

Quick Reply: New Member/Vendor