New member with new(used) Jeep.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default New member with new(used) Jeep.

I just bought my first Jeep tonight, a 92 Cherokee. It's a 4 door auto with the NP242 transfer case and 191K miles. Overall pretty decent condition with some cosmetic blemishes including bad clear coat and very minor accident damage, and some minor rust, mostly on the bottom of the doors. It's going to be a part time trail vehicle and every day driver though so being pretty isn't at the top of my list.

Mechanically it's sound. It does have blown shocks and could use all the bushings replaced though. The best part of the truck has to be the interior. I think it must have been replaced at some point(or just insanely well cared for) because it is absolutely flawless. It honestly looks brand new. No rips, tears, stains, wear spots, burn holes, discoloration, nothing. Even the seat foam feels brand new.

I paid $1500 and I know it might have been possible to get a better deal elsewhere, but Grand Junction is pretty small and it's hard to find good vehicles here. Driving to Denver to look at trucks would have added expense and been a real pain. All things considered, I'm happy.

My plans are pretty mild. I'm thinking a small lift, only what it takes to get 31s or maybe 32s under it, locking front and rear diffs, skidplates, maybe some good auxiliary lights, and eventually a bumper and winch. I'm really looking forward to the building process and all the info I'm sure to learn from this great community! Cheers!

P.S. I'll post pics tomorrow when it's light.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Welcome to CF.