Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default New from MA

Hello All,

I would first like to say thank you to everyone who posts on this site in advance as I have stalked this forum and Naxja for the last few months while I fixed up my first XJ so i figured it was time to join both and try to return the favors with any input I can.

I am new to jeeps and new to offroad in general as all of my previous experience has been with on road, flat, dry pavement toys (Mustang GT, Audi s4, Porsche boxster, and now Caddy CTS-V) but after a lot of speeding tickets and the fact that I have nothing to playwith in the winter i decided to give the XJ a try.

I currently have a 2001 Cherokee sport. Its the darker more cranberry color red and kind of has an orange/rust tint in the sun but i havent really come across the official name of the color since i have seen another brighter red as well. Nothing too crazy as far as mods go , just a 3" lift, new sound system, tint, wheels, tires, and ZJ steering but i would be lying if i said I wasnt hooked like crack on this thing and its my new favorite toy.

Anyways, To keep this from having to go through a publisher before being posted I will just say i look forward to joining the jeep community and if anyone knows where you can wheel in south eastern MA without driving for a an entire day please let me know.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0

welcome from ky
Old 09-05-2008, 04:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

Welcome to our forum from Ky.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1998

Welcome from W.V.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

Welcome from Deep South Texas. Glad you found us. I would be curious to hear your opinions of CF and NAXJA side by side.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:47 PM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

Honestly the two forums are a great place to get information and share your mods with other jeepers. However, it seems like each site has its own flavor and I think its why a lot of people end up being members on both.

Naxja has a TON of information on everything if your willing to dig and search for it. But Naxja seems a little more "down to business" and if your more of a newbie like me its a little harder not to get nailed for asking a "simple" question that seemed complex to me. Don't get me wrong I still am planning on becomming a memeber there as well. I am just saying I have to choose my posts a little more carefully over there.

Now on the opposite side this forum seems to be a bit more warm and open to just shooting the breeze about the mods people do. I see a lot more members here attempting more creative home brew custom work that might not always come out well but makes for some awesome results when it does. Everyone here also seems to be more into seeing what works and what doesn't before forming opinions, which is cool because its true that a lot of no-name stuff is crap but every once and a while there is a diamond in there.

In the end this is only what I have observed and is just my opinion. but I can see my self here more often showing off the Darth Vader bobble head i made from a McDonalds toy and yapping about random things i have tried and use naxja to hunt down obscure technical problems or something that I wont have to worry about getting nailed for asking.

and again this post ended up being HUGE. I promise they will get shorter its just all the things i have stored up from stalking so long. haha
Old 09-06-2008, 09:08 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

Well its good to have you... And take a chance asking us though hard tech problems you might be surprised. I know blue will sit down researching someone elses question forever till he has a decent enough answer lol. I am a member over at NAXJA also. Definitly a great site. A lil big IMO, and they allow a lil too much bashing over there.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee (ZJ)

Welcome to CF from Salem Va.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:31 PM