Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default New guy from Kentucky

Hi all,

Been looking at the fourms and I must say that I have envy!

I use to own a 2000 Wrangler sport with a 4.5 lift and 35's. She was the best thing that I have owned. Loved playing in the mud and snow all of the time.

Then I made a choice to get into hauling RV trailers for a living (delivering to dealers)

I bought a new 2003 Dodge Dually and traded in the Jeep towards it. Got 15K on tade in and thats the price I paid for her.

I made a killing on the RV business side of things and paid off the dually in 1.5yrs. Then the fuel prices came up from $1.25(2003) to over $4 in a couple of years and was killing my bottom line. So, I decided to wait out the prices and got a job at WalMart for the time being.

Well, as you all know the prices never really came down and I have been at WalMart for 6yrs next month.

A few years ago I traded in the Ram towards a 04 Altima and my dealer gave me $1,000 boot on top of the trade. I had to get rid of the Ram due to working only .5 mile from home. Not a good thing for a diesel that was born to run the roads for hours on end.

Loved the Altima but was really never happy geting up and out of a car. I am use to jumping down and out. LOL

I have 3 friends right now that all have Wranglers that bought because of me.
I felt left out I was looking for another Wrangler but alway hear my friends complain of the lack a space. We all go to the gun range and shooting events all over the place and my car usualy was loaded down with the all of guns and ammo. Thinking of that, I was open to a Cherokee for hauling the gear. I wonder how long it will take them to "upgrade" to a Cherokee?

Sooooo, I traded the Altima even steven for a 2001 Cherokee that has 125K on it and is REALLY clean.

It's totaly stock other than the tires size. It has new 235/75/15 Firestone's on it. I had it aligned as the front right tire had very light feathering on the out side edge.

We took her out on a small trip and the ck engine light came on. This is also after I had a fuel injection cleaning done. (I work in TLE) thus made sure it was done right.
I took it over to have the code read and it was showing something with the cats or the O2's. I know the rear cat is new as I found the receipt in the glove box and it was installed on Oct. 2011.
I ran it over to S&S tire who installed to R. cat. They showed the 2 fronts were bad as the O2's. Showed me a estimate for right at $1,000. Not doing that right now and I can get the parts for way cheaper online.

So in the mean time I tossed in a can of Sea Foam in the tank and reset the computer and now for the past week the light has yet come on. (knocks on wood)
I'm thinking that the fuel injection may have had words with the comupter. LOL

Ok, so much for my "back story"

I am keeping the Jeep pretty much stock for awhile as it is my daily driver.

So here she is the day I got her (3 weeks ago) I phone pics.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Looks great.

Name:  10mnc4m.gif
Views: 12
Size:  45.2 KB
Old 02-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site. Nice clean lookin Jeep.