My name is Isaac and I have a 99 XJ

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default My name is Isaac and I have a 99 XJ

Hello, I have not been much for social media or forums so I am very new to this and still trying to figure it out. I have a 99 XJ I bought about 5 years ago. I added a Rough Country 3" add a leaf lift kit, 33"x12.5" Goodyear Duratrac, trimmed the crap out of my fenders and put one some Bushwacker fender flares. Since I bought it I have been wanting to continually add to it, but other demands have pulled my time attention and money other places. I used to take it out in Idaho with a few college buddies, but since graduating and moving back to Minnesota I have not had any jeep buddies to geek out with or any terrain to take it to. During all my jeep research I frequently found myself on this forum, so I decided to join hoping to find the community I am looking for. My jeep has almost 300,000 miles on it and the old tired suspension

I added to a few years back is really giving out. So after having not spent any money on my jeep for a few years I decided (the wife blessed off on it) to start all over with the suspension. I am adding a Rubicon Express 3.5" super flex lift with full leaf springs, upper control arms, track bar, and every bushing, shock and stabilizer replaced. It is also in need of some paint and body work. I am super excited but I have to keep reminding myself that that it will look exactly the same after the install, but it will ride so much nicer. Finally diving back into the Jeep world have been absent from the last few, I hope to find a few jeep friends and get some useful feed back as I post my progress or questions.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:58 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Year: 2001

Welcome to the site 99xjhaver !
Old 10-31-2018, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999

Thanks, i checked out your build. Nice work saving that XJ. I had a fender bender with mine earlier this summer. Fortunately the frame is fine, I just had to order a new header panel, headlight, turn signal, corner light, and headlight bezel. it looks pretty good and works just fine, but i had to persuade a few parts to go back together as they would no longer line up properly. So next time I have to take that front right corner apart again it is going to be a real pain to put back together. I need to learn how to do some real body work and get that fixed for real. I figured I could get some vehicles real cheap if I knew how to how to cut and weld frames or realign them. I just know some real light duty body work and welding. Where are you from? looks like nice 4x4 country.