Old 10-02-2018, 11:00 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 fresh rebuild
Default Justa JeeP Project, 2000 XJ, Northern KY

Hello,
I'm PaPaBlista (aka Dan) I'm 58 years old been into auto & motorcycles since I was old enough to hold a wrench, I was teethed on a head gasket. My whole family grew up in the auto industry GM Norwood Ohio to be exact, My Father was a General foreman there and he always drove new Camaro's and Trans Am's home. They rarely returned with tread on the tires after us kids got to them. I have owed and driven most everything out there, Was a enduro racer in my younger days, I have always loved the woods and any way to see them without hiking I've had several 4WD's a few Nissan's, an Eddie Bauer Bronco II K5 Blazer and now a 2000 Black Limited XJ I picked up for $1000 , I had to change the cam and everything associated with it, So I done the rear main front seal actually all the seals tranny ,pinon etc.all of them if you have it apart fix it or prevent it, I may do a sorta build thread I didn't take pics of everything but I have alot.

As when I bought it

Any opinion on the wheel paint , I'm on the fence on this. ( Yes that's a 2 door 96 at my neighbors house just rusting away it hasn't moved in 8 to 10 years and he wont sell it I'd like to make a matching trailer out of it.

Check out my gallery for more pics)I done body and paint for over 30 years had my own shop through the 80's & 90's then got married and went to work for the railroad painting trains. (Then got divorced) I also painted sign's in Florida for some time in the early 80's (all the ones you see along the interstate Holiday Inn, Burger King etc.) I'm retired now due to health reasons I have had 4 heart attacks, So I have slowed down a bit. This build will take me some time since I'm on a limited income but so far things are going well with it I've learned a lot of tricks over the years to save money, But' I don't do shortcuts I'm real picky (****) about how something needs to be done. I don't do rework I like it right the first time. Glad to be here I have checked out the forums for sometime now and decided to sign up.

This is were I am at now
I hope to get to know you all and maybe do some wheel'in soon.
Thanks, PaPa
Old 10-03-2018, 06:37 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the forum