HIYA folks......some of you might know me already.....but...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L H.O. In-Line 6.
Default HIYA folks......some of you might know me already.....but...

i was rude, in the fact that I came in looking for an answer before i've even properly said hello to the folks here.
..and im feelin pretty bad about it.

so, please,let me start of, on the right foot, this time, and say "HI. I'm Hubcap, and I'm a jeepaholic."

ive had the pleasure of holding a job (in the past) that allowed me alot of wheel time in the latest jeep models (from the introduction of the 'wrangler rubicon' all the way up to, and including, the commander, compass, and patriot.)
I worked for a company contracted by Daimler to do "traveling jeep marketing events" around the country. Some of you are probably familiar with some of them.....some fo you might even know me, or have taken a ride with me at one time or another........the name "Hub" ring a bell?

some events included:
-Jeep 101
-Camp Jeep

-Chicago/NY/etc Auto shows where we (GPJCo. great team) built off-road tracks inside at major venues. If youve never seen it....its quite the crowd pleaser, and always a must-see at the auto shows.
(for those of you that have been to any or all of these events....i'm "Hub" one of the drivers that beat up the jeep you were in. some of you out there might know me....especially those at the camp jeep "owners playgrounds" )

anyways, if you guys have any questions pertaining to such events....ask away...although most of these events have become a rare breed these days.

also....
i recently purchased an XJ. of which is my 1st delve into the XJ pool, if you will. ive always considered myself to be more of a CJ guy, but, over the years.....at all of these events.......theres one thing ive picked up. these XJs (and bobbed CJ8s) go every where the CJs can go, when setup right. And, to me, its nice to have the added security (and storage) of an enclosed cab, and im not a fan of the new 3 piece modular tops the wranglers have today..........
ive seen em (XJs) do some amazing things with MINIMAL modifications. most of the time, as well, the mods are cheaper than what one would do for a CJ.

anyways....
came across a craigslist find and picked one up.
a bone stock..1994 cherokee country XJ. $1200.
looked a lil rough in the paint but overall ok for 94.
4.0 auto. D30/ChryCo8.25. stock gearing. 145k.
i got in it. jammed the gas and brake. was happy.
believe its a NP242 transfer.
put it in 4H.
put it in 4L.
both worked as expected and engaged/diseng. just fine and smooth.
it passed NJ inspection, so he had a sale.

-hubcap

Last edited by hubcap; 11-23-2009 at 07:17 PM.