Hello all, new to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0
Default Hello all, new to the forum.

New to us 93' ZJ Loredo. 4.0, 4x4, auto.

Put some new Goodyear AT Radials in 235/75R15 on her.

116k miles, AC, Power window and locks.

90' MJ base. 4.0, 4x4, 5-Speed. Out in the desert.

Out in the the rocks.

Family run out in the rocks.

Pictures first! I'm new to the forum here. It's already helped me out so I thought I'd join and introduce myself. I got into jeeps about 4 years ago, before that I had a Porsche 944 and a Land Cruiser but those suckers get expensive to work on. My dad said, "You've finally come over to the dark side!" when I got my MJ. A couple weeks ago we picked up the ZJ for my wife's daily and she's in love with it.

MJ specs and upgrades:
1990 Jeep Comanche Base Short Bed.
I bought it with 190K on the clock, now I'm up to 211k.
Engine: 4.0 (Renix)
4 Wheel Drive
5-Speed Swapped (I think) but it's got an AX15 and the shift light on the dash works.
6 inch Terraflex Lift
33/10.50 R15 BFG AT K02's on Summit Racing Steelies.
The Vin decoder says it was an automatic... Not sure how accurate those things are. The Vin decoder also says it's a 3-seat but it's got 2 bucket seats and I built a center console between them.
I lined the inside of the cab (floor and rear) with Dynamat.
Either there's an auto-locker in the diff or the diff is welded. Not 100% sure yet.
I did the fuel injector upgrade.
It's got a nice header and high-flow exhuast that sounds gooooooood. Sometimes people ask me if it's got a small block Chevy in it.
Since I've owned it I've pretty much rebuilt the cooling system: New radiator, tank, water pump, thermostat and housing. When I did the thermostat housing I did the one off an HO 4.0 and got an electric fan controller for an auxiliary cooling fan. It usually only kicks on in traffic on really hot days.
Me and a buddy built the bed bar from some rectangle tub and angle iron that a local steel shop was closing out and I dig how it turned out.
My last highway trip in this thing I got 19MPG! I finally found a vacuum leak that was causing me several problems including TERRIBLE gas mileage and it's been running nice ever since.

The ZJ is new to us as of 2 weeks ago for my wife's daily.
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4.0 4x4 automatic.
116k miles!
Everything is Stock.
Power windows and locks, and AC that works!
It was a bit of a pigpen when we got it, but a good vacuuming and wipe-down inside and out cleaned it all up.
Just got a new set of Goodyear Wrangler ATs on it in 235/75R15.
I had to repair the wires in the driver's side door jam to get the windows working and I have this forum to thank for that info! Needs a couple things here and there but it cruises nicely and so far has been getting nearly 20 MPG.

So you'll probably find me most often in the MJ and ZJ sections but I may also stop by the general forum