Hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Default Hello

Recently I got tired of working on and driving the vehicle I had and traded it for a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic...I'll try and get a photo of it to put up here..... The Jeep has 161000 miles on it but seems to be in very good condition. The previous owner spent about $5k on fixing it up (new tires slightly larger than stock, shocks, radiator etc...) and was going to put a snow plow on it but decided to trade it for a larger truck. I've driven it some (it starts, runs, rides and shifts good) but it's check engine light is on so I don't want to go too far in it until I find out why that is... (I am going to get an ODBII scanner tomorrow).. the only other problem I've found is the temperature (thermostat) **** on the heater/airconditioner doesn't do anything. Once the vehicle warms up, the air that blows out is always hot. (seems like it isn't connected to anything) I am hoping this isn't too tough to fix. I'll be posting a separate question about this.

Bobby
Old 11-04-2013, 06:11 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1998

What vehicle did you have previously? Welcome to the forum--but you may be in for a rude awakening. If you get tired easily of working on vehicles, you may wanna sell your Jeep.

Your temperature **** issue sounds like your blend door is stuck. I'm not too familiar with the fix for it but I suggest you search. The best way to search this site is to go to google.com and type "site:cherokeeforum blend door" etc. Good luck!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:52 AM

In the summer I normally ride motorcycles. One of my hobbies is messing with vintage 2 stroke motorcycle. But, I had two 4 wheeled vehicles.. A 2002 Ford E250 Van... I only use it when I need to haul big stuff... Like vintage 2 stroke motorcycles... I kept it. About a year ago my wife passed away. She drove a 1995 Ford Windstar. After she passed away, I started driving it because it got better gas mileage than the van. It had over 195000 miles on it. I traded it in...

Actually I like working on vehicles IF I don't HAVE to do it....(working on a vehicle until 2 AM because you have to use it to go to work at 7 AM is NOT my idea of fun). The E250 van is pretty reliable so I don't need the Jeep to be super reliable.. I just didn't want to work on the Windstar anymore...

If I wanted something that I didn't have to work on I'd have bought something new..
Old 11-04-2013, 09:20 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1998

Gotcha. I agree with you there about working on a vehicle until 2am so you can go to work at 7. I did the exact same thing with my DD, a 1990 Mazda. I was up until 2:30am replacing crank and cam oil seals and timing and accessory belts one time. I didn't even make it to work that day, lol. My deepest condolences regarding your wife. That has to be hard..I imagine working on the Jeep will help keep your mind at ease! Any specific plans for it?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by PocketsEmpty
Gotcha. I agree with you there about working on a vehicle until 2am so you can go to work at 7. I did the exact same thing with my DD, a 1990 Mazda. I was up until 2:30am replacing crank and cam oil seals and timing and accessory belts one time. I didn't even make it to work that day, lol. My deepest condolences regarding your wife. That has to be hard..I imagine working on the Jeep will help keep your mind at ease! Any specific plans for it?
Not really.. I used to have an 82 Toyota 4x4 pickup that got taken off road occasionally so If a friend says "lets go crickin''" (or sometimes it's called "muddin''" around here) I might have to say OK. but mostly I bought to drive..
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 PM

I'm a newb also. Hope your jeep works great.