First ever Jeep, This is me and my XJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default First ever Jeep, This is me and my XJ

Hey all, Ill make this short and sweet. Im 18, I just bought a 1999 Cherokee XJ, and Im loving it, but would like a recommendation. Here are the specs of my Jeep:

1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport 4x4
-4.5 BDS Short Arm Suspension lift
-31/10.5r15 off brand mud tires
-207k miles

Cons:
-None of the instrument panel lights work, so at night, you have no idea how fast your going/what RPM your maintaining
-Driver side floor has two rust holes that just happen to be at the seat mounts, so every time you punch the gas, you and your pedestal end up in the back seat, its currently secured by a ratchet strap
-Passenger window doesn't work
-Rockers are pretty rusted, doors aren't bad at all, and its structure seems to be solid
-Has what sounds to be a slight lifter tick or knock. Its more developed than a tick, but its definitely not a knock, hard to tell
-Has an exhaust manifold leak

I bought the Jeep for $1000 bucks, and cant stop driving it. I love the thing, even with its quirks. What do yall think, did I do alright? I should mention that I'm a State of Michigan certified technician, so I did know what I was getting myself into Heres a picture of some nice two-lane I stumbled upon with it the other day
Attached Thumbnails First ever Jeep, This is me and my XJ-20161114_141702.jpg