Been a while/hello again.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5L 4 Cylinder
Default Been a while/hello again.

Been a while since I have logged on to the forum. Been more a lurker for a while than a poster. All good, no?

I've been a Jeep owner since Nov. 2009. My own Cherokee is a 1993, 2 door, 2.5L. Not the beefiest Jeep out there, but I love the thing. It's a tough car, even if the powertrain isn't the hottest. Comfy, drives easily (though chasing a few gremlins), and hasn't asked for much in terms of major mechanical components. This thing is my daily driver, and I take it wherever I want. From the freeway, to general surface roads, to my folks' crummy private road (that is actually in worse shape than many Forest Service "Primitive Roads"...and wherever those primitive roads lead... usually to nice camp sites)... it just keeps on ticking.

I bought the Jeep when I totaled my Saturn. I was in need of a car, and want of a Jeep... and I like the Cherokee for space... only later found out that they were rather hard to kill.

I live in the Pacific Northwet... so my car gets dusty in summer and muddy in the fall. It's ugly... but that just means that I never cry over paint chips and scratches. That being said... a new windshield (which has gotten more chips in it since I bought it, but was cracked from day one), some minor upgrades, and an OD paint job are in order someday soon. I think Jeeps look best if they are boxy, with a few scratches. No prissy cars here!

I never thought about lifting it before... but now am drooling over 3" lift kits... LOL. Nothing like an enthusiast forum to be an enabler, right? Currently drooling over the Rough Country 3" bolt on lift with steering stabilizer. Aside from all the general maintenance that has been neglected due to lack of employment (which recently got fixed)...it still keeps ticking, for which I am very glad.

I think that I am pretty much a Jeep addict. When I do think about replacing my Jeep (and turning it into a dedicated mountain crawler), I think about replacing it with a fancier Jeep. Lol. Yeah, hooked since test drive. Thinking that I might have to try a CJ5 with a stroked out 4.0. One of my college classmates had a "Tonka" Wrangler and loved it. I understand why... not something that needs explaining once you've sipped the Jeep Kool-Aid.

I like to think of myself as mechanically inclined. There is little I cannot fix with the proper tools, a shop manual, and spare time. Bit of a tinkerer by nature. If I can do it myself, I do so. It saves me money, and is 100% practical. Lol. Unfortunately, many of my friends seek my aid when they have car trouble. Been doing this sort of stuff for 15 or so years... wrenching on my own. Sort of a dying art these days outside of "places" like this.

Anyway... I guess that is enough for now. Hopefully, I can be more active on the forums now that I have the means to do most of what I want to in mechanical terms. I don't know it all, but any advice or help that I can lend is freely given.

Take care all.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:03 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

welcome back ahah!
Old 07-08-2011, 03:05 AM

Year: 1993
Engine: 2.5L 4 Cylinder

Lol. Glad to be active (and to find my account still so)!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:02 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by shoggoth80
Lol. Glad to be active (and to find my account still so)!
iv been on here for a month so far, im on here more than facebook
Old 07-09-2011, 08:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Welcome back, and I don't think CF ever closes an account unless they Ban the user.