Back in the saddle again.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 06:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4-0
Default Back in the saddle again.

I have been going over my 96 XJ for a couple of weeks now with help from this forum, thanks. Thought I introduce myself. I am a retired mechanic, kids grown and moved away. I started looking for a beater vehicle as I cannot stand driving a nice vehicle on this nasty brine\cinder world I live in. Found out the beater market has changed as anything worth bringing home in the car market price has raised pretty stiff for what you get. Thought I would look into the Jeep market and that was what I thought it would be, high or raged out but I kept looking. Looked one more time on C\L and there was this 96 XJ that was just listed. Went to look at it but saw his add was a bit misleading. They had just been driving it and not keeping up on details. It has many nice parts that were put on three years ago. Offered 500 less, they wanted $3500. and brought her home. Now I have a pretty nice beater, that I hate driving in the brine\cinders
Old 02-11-2018, 06:59 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,525 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by whatscooking
I have been going over my 96 XJ for a couple of weeks now with help from this forum, thanks. Thought I introduce myself. I am a retired mechanic, kids grown and moved away. I started looking for a beater vehicle as I cannot stand driving a nice vehicle on this nasty brine\cinder world I live in. Found out the beater market has changed as anything worth bringing home in the car market price has raised pretty stiff for what you get. Thought I would look into the Jeep market and that was what I thought it would be, high or raged out but I kept looking. Looked one more time on C\L and there was this 96 XJ that was just listed. Went to look at it but saw his add was a bit misleading. They had just been driving it and not keeping up on details. It has many nice parts that were put on three years ago. Offered 500 less, they wanted $3500. and brought her home. Now I have a pretty nice beater, that I hate driving in the brine\cinders
LOL. Welcome.