*Another 99xj*rrrRRRrrrRRRrrr [=

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: '99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Cool *Another 99xj*rrrRRRrrrRRRrrr [=

Hey yall! First time poster, recent reader, since I got my "baby" 1 month ago. I have always wanted a jeep and she is my first. I feel like a new mom again. I know some folks no like people calling their vehicles gender names and stuff like that, but I am also known to break the "rules" and rebel. I consider myself a beginner in my new found hobby recently and I love and appreciate all the knowledge that is shared on this forum. It sure has built my confidence because I have fixed numerous things thanks to all of ya'll! THANK YOU!

The past week...new battery, terminals, dis.cap, rotor, spark plugs, plug wireset, alternator, t-stat, water pump, fan clutch, radiator, rad cap, rad hoses and new air filter...BECAUSE (forgot to mention the 187k+ miles) I was and still am having that same issue some of ya'll been having the...rrrrRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRrrrr! Especially up a hill on a cold start and only for the beginning until after she has been warmed up, then she's fine. While parked idling (not driving idling) she's sputtering, but doesn't shut off, because she'll rev back up to compensate for the drop in rpms. I know ALOT has been said about the MAP and TPS sensors, but when I run a diagnostics (on my new bluedriver obd2 scan tool) no codes are found. IS there a way I can check them without the scan tool? Or is there something else I should check? Can someone please tell me where they will be located on my vehicle? (RWD) I've read the Haynes manual, but like ya'll said, there is a lot of non-detailed info OR misinfo...(ie. why does the Haynes say that straight 6'rs do NOT have rad caps!? Mine does!) Fuel filter could need replacing I'm told by my uncle, as well, but I know what that entails. Dropping the tank and basically re-doing the fuel gauge pump assembly, along with the filter, correct?

***Here is some extra bit of background.***

My new hobby was inspired by "expert technicians" at AAMCO as they said it was the PCM that was causing the problem. OK, I'm thinking it should be the LAST thing they should replace, since reading all ya'lls wonderful words of wisdom on other causes it could be. I asked them if they inspected/ruled out other things that it could be, they said "yes". 900$ on a new pcm and a reflash later.....guess what? Same problem. Asked for my money back and havent been back since. It's been a week. Is that a good thing to do? OR should I keep a relationship with them just in case something happens to my "new" PCM ( w/warranty)?

Here is a pic. Sorry if I need to resize it and.....yes, I know she's dirty and I gotta clean her up as I go, from what I know everything looks stock, but I don't know much! [=

THANK YOU if you actually read this all! Cheers!

~Lani

Last edited by 99xjem; 10-09-2016 at 07:21 PM. Reason: forgot name