Annoying Engine Light Pt.1

Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999 Laredo
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 6 cylinder 4.0
Default Annoying Engine Light Pt.1

"99" grand cheeroke 6 cylinder 4.0 engine light came on then it starts to blink my code is P1494 (Leak Detection Pump) i look for canister purge solenoid with the help of Ol Blue. Does this part need to be replaced? or the LDP not sure yet. So i search for the LDP and not sure what it looks like i finally found it today as we speak. Looks like a space ship flat filter on top with 2 spouts were the hose's are attached. The first spout hose attached at the Top hose and the 2 spout Bottom hose by the electrical connection. The solenoid and LDP lines are attach to one another located top left of the driver side of the engine by the master cylinder when you trace the lines you will notice this there part of the EVAP system which is labled on 1 of my hoses. The spouts on top and bottom pair of scissors open to cut paper (under stand) on the side of the bottom spout has (CAN) written on it the # on the side SAE PA66-GF33. At the bottom of the LDP is another spout and this one is smaller than the other 2 spouts. This one small spout is located on the bottom were the eletrical connection is has (VAC) written on it with the # SAE PA66-M40 not sure what these # could be but part #'s. The LDP which i priced at the dealer is $160.00 and the canister purge solenoid is $140.00 incredible. So know its just a matter of replacing the old with the new and see if this annoying light goes out and stop blinking, shaking etc, tune in for the results.