98 XJ SPORT IN 2011 ONLY HAD 38K MILES: 4 year forum reader, new. Living in Vegas.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L FI OHV 6cyl
Default 98 XJ SPORT IN 2011 ONLY HAD 38K MILES: 4 year forum reader, new. Living in Vegas.

Hey guys. Glad to finally be here in an official member capacity. I don't know why I have been waiting so long to join. After about 4 years reading this forum, this is day one as a member. Everything I know so far has been mostly from this forum, but also pieced together from a few other Jeep forums that came up in many hours of Google searches. I also get a lot of of youtube videos. Some finer details from talking to others I met at work or through friends who know how to work on vehicles. I am by no means an expert so I guess that could be why I have taken so long to join. I did not want to drop any incorrect knowledge that would cause any confusion. I think I know enough now though to join in from all the knowledge my brain has been soaking in.

I am 26, male, lived in Las Vegas two years now and will be here one more year before moving back to Chicago. I lived in Chicago until 21 then moved to Biloxi, MS for a year. Then moved to Sumter, SC for two years. On to Vegas since mid 2015. My jeep was my grandmas, she barely drove the thing. When i totaled my car in early 2011 falling asleep at the wheel, she took it apon herself to graciously "need" a new vehicle at the same time I so happened to be back in the market for a new ride. My grandma is something else. mouth like a sailor and doesn't hold back her opinion, yet heart of gold. Anyways the important part now. HER 1998 JEEP CHEROKEE SPORT IN 2011 ONLY HAVE 38,000 MILES ON IT. Holy cow, has anyone in this forum ever seen such a unicorn? Right now I am up to around 88K miles.

If you guys have any questions or anything or are in the areas around Vegas or Chicagoland feel free to hit me up. I will be moving back to Chicago after June 2018 when I separate from the Air Force. Also, sorry if this is blasphemy, but I do not go wheeling because this is my daily driver i acquired through my grandma. I have become a big fan of Jeeps through working on it myself and now think I will probably stick with Jeeps forever since they seem to be reliable and easy to work on --- aside from those bastard midwest winter road salt 15+ year rusted parts that get stuck and fail after like 20 years and need replacing. Those area little harder to fix