Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default ‘00 XJ 4X4- New Build Has Begun

Hello everyone,

Coming to you from Central TX with this ‘00 I just picked up this past week. I’ve got some big plans for it after I’m done going through & addressing some things that need attention. Planning on doing a full build with it in time to make it on a mild trail run in 2020. This will mostly be used as a daily driver though. Guy I bought it from yanked the engine/transfer/trans, had it cleaned/polished/etc, everything has less than 60-70k on it internally. Most of the engine components are newer with warranties in place. So mechanically its very sound and the only XJ I went to see that didn’t need to be jumped to start.

The previous owner installed a 4.5” RC lift but short changed himself with the “add a leaf” BS on the rear instead of just getting all new leafs. I found a set of new ProComps, those have been ordered & will be installed this Thursday.

The radiator seems fine but its just janky looking so I’d like to swap it with the 2 or 3 fan cooling setup (if anyone has one let me know).

I'd like to go through the interior & replace basically every panel screw and what not because I’ve found that quite a few different panels have mismatched screws in place. Some aren’t even in a thread, just stuck into a hole. Any help on the best place to order a box set of these screws would be great!

The headliner is exceptional, but I’ll be addressing that with something one off of course with a better speaker setup because these POS “Pyle” speakers he put in are not cool. Lol.

SELLING THE WHEEL/TIRE SETUP. They are 15x8 Gamblers with like-new 31x10.5 Cooper Discovery tires. PM if interested, I’d like to get $800. Have detailed condition photos for you.

FRONT & REAR Bumpers for sale as well, make me an offer. I will even give you the 12inch light bar that’s on it.

Pioneer DEH-150 single din is also for sale, it’s pretty much brand new. $40 + shipping if you aren’t local.

Anyways, just wanted to say what’s up and make an introduction to the XJ life!

Mr Bear my co-pilot.

For Sale $40

For