Engines/Tranny/T-Case Post any Engines/Tranny/T-Case components you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: Jeep Stroker motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Default Jeep Stroker motor

I've got a stroker motor I would be willing to sell. If it doesn't sell in the next few weeks I plan on putting it in a cherokee and selling it together. It's a 4.6l stroker, all the info is in my build page. I'm open to offers as far as selling it. I might take trades mostly looking at motorcycles but i'll consider whatever you throw my way. If you have any more questions beyond what my page covers feel free to shoot them my way. I'm asking $5000 obo
https://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4045
Old 08-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Originally Posted by Hayden98XJ
I'm asking $5000 obo
I hate to **** on your thread, but you do realize you can buy a crate 4.6L from Golen or a 4.7L Mopar stroker for less than that, right? And those each come with a 100K mile warranty. If you really think your used home-built stroker is worth as much as a Golen, you might want to post the details justifying your asking price rather than expecting people to read your entire build thread in the hope of finding specifics.

I did glance through your thread (no time to read it all right now) and saw you're running a stock camshaft and had some oil pressure issues, so I apologize if I'm a bit skeptical from the outset.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by extrashaky
I hate to **** on your thread, but you do realize you can buy a crate 4.6L from Golen or a 4.7L Mopar stroker for less than that, right? And those each come with a 100K mile warranty. If you really think your used home-built stroker is worth as much as a Golen, you might want to post the details justifying your asking price rather than expecting people to read your entire build thread in the hope of finding specifics.

I did glance through your thread (no time to read it all right now) and saw you're running a stock camshaft and had some oil pressure issues, so I apologize if I'm a bit skeptical from the outset.
I didn't have a lot of time yesterday or I would have posted the build list among other things. I assumed if someone wants to buy it then they would prefer to read the thread that I created for the build which has all the minor details that they care to know. As far as the price if someone is interested i'm open to offers, I only added the price because it's required in a sales post. The low oil pressure was only a faulty sensor, after the break in I replaced the sensor and it had healthy pressure. I drove the stroker for a couple thousand miles and had no hiccups until my camshaft decided to crap out on me. I'm assuming it was a lemon from the factory. But the engine has since been rebuilt with a new cam and lifters, still a stock replacement cam. I have yet to install it back into my jeep and do the break in process again. So the engine is basically still brand new.