Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[PacNorWest]: Wanted: Built XJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Renix
Default Wanted: Built XJ

o.k. I am about to start my 3rd jeep build, but before I do, I thought I would see if there is a built XJ out there for sale. I am looking for a high quality build and I am willing to pay real money for it. The must haves: 4 door, automatic. I am partial to Renix but will look at all years. Must have frame stiffeners. Cage is a plus, preferably exocage. I sleep in the jeep when we go out, so inside room is a must. Must be freeway worthy. We travel around 450 freeway miles on our trips and then hit the trails. Looking for built for rock crawling. Absolutely no rust. I am looking for something pretty clean. My current rig is 5.5 inch lift, exocage. So, if you have something that sounds like it would fit the bill and you want to sell, please drop me a line. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

Unfortunately I'm on the opposite coast and have a two door...
Old 12-23-2017, 12:02 PM

location is not an issue as long as its in the US. I have bought and sold in many states. Heck, I just shipped a suburban to Germany. Just looking for the right rig to save me a ton of work hours this time around. I am looking for something that shows care when it was built and care when it was run. I made that mistake with my last build building a beat jeep into a decent one, but it was just too far gone to get it to where I want it, so I am starting all over again.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:00 AM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f70/98-xj-built-low-miles-238834/
Old 01-18-2018, 12:59 AM

Are you still looking? Just listed mine...I'm in the PNW...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/c...463773522.html
Old 01-19-2018, 03:16 PM

Engine: 4.0L
Default 1998 XJ Rebuilt You're looking for (almost)

Superman,
While I don't have everything you're looking for, this may be close enough (and even more in some aspects).
Very clean vehicle with a lot of goodness.
Let me know (although I don't use the Forum sites enough to be comfortable with them so if you could email me at: todd.oneto165@gmail.com, I'd appreciate it!).
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

https://providence.craigslist.org/ct...457791844.html
Old 01-19-2018, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the replies. I am still looking. However, I have a pile of boxes on the floor now ready to start the build. I would still rather buy one mostly done to save my self some time, but I am now a bit more picky on having the stuff on my wish list. Nui Ula, I looked at your add for quite awhile. I live just up the road from you so I might ping you over on craigslist. Ladyace12. Yours is a nice jeep, just not enough of the off road mods that I am looking for. Thanks for bringing them up and if anyone else has one, I will continue to look for the next couple of months then just give in and start mine. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:20 PM

Default 1987 XJ Rock Crawler-built for sale

I have to sell my built 1987 XJ. It does not look good any longer but has all the latest and greatest as is a great rock crawler spending lot of time on the Rubicon, Dusy Ershim trails, and mostly Johnson Valley in SoCal.
I moved to the East Coast three years ago after finishing the latest additions (Wheels and chromoly axle shafts and new ARBs). It stayed in San Diego, CA and has been taken care of by a friend who works on cars and Jeeps for a living and washes it and runs it around the block once a month. I will still be in Long Island for a few years and have to sell since my friend is closing shop and moving to Texas. I have a long list of the components that I can email. The Jeep can be used as such right away or for transplanting everything onto a newer/nicer XJ. Let me know if interested, you could save a lot of money by using what's on it, or using it right away.
Snapshot:
Attached Thumbnails Wanted:  Built XJ-img_0012.jpg   Wanted:  Built XJ-dsc_7413.jpg   Wanted:  Built XJ-dsc_7442.jpg   Wanted:  Built XJ-img_0013.jpg   Wanted:  Built XJ-img_0014.jpg  

Wanted:  Built XJ-img_0015.jpg   Wanted:  Built XJ-img_0016.jpg   Wanted:  Built XJ-img_0017.jpg   Wanted:  Built XJ-img_0018.jpg   Wanted:  Built XJ-img_0019.jpg  

Old 02-16-2018, 02:17 PM

o.k. Thanks for all of the responses guys, but I think I am going to close this thread out. I have acquired all I need for the next build at this point so I guess I will just get to building.