Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[NorAtl]: 88 cherokee pioneer rust free selec trac

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 88-95-96-01
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Post 88 cherokee XJ, pioneer, rust free, UN-molested, selec trac

88 xj pioneer. 242 selec trac part-time/full-time 4wd. Completely rust free. solid. all stock, tons of new parts, sensors, tires,etc. needs tlc. Painted flat black, with gold, (don't ask just got it like this,)
Got from and older man couple years ago for 2k$. why I payed so much? because it was hard to find and unmolested, total rust free xj, and still is. all factory. interior/dash all in good shape. Leather still ok.

Thought it needed fuel pump. Got it, Changed fuel pump. Still wouldn't run. Cleaned up grounds, changed relays, inline fuses, fired rite up.
Considering miles, it drove like new. Had new np242 t-case just installed $1k. New stock tires. I bought because it was rust free, had plans to build.

Then I had problems. It would start stal. start stall. sometimes it would start. next day it wouldn't. So for past 2 years, on-off when I hadtime or money.. I been changing parts, diaognostics, process of elimination. Finally after all that time and 800$ in sensors and parts later, It was the ECU. (like I thought, finally listened to myself)
So now its running.
I have moved on to other projects like a 95" and a 00' wj since.

It needs TLC. as ofrite now, Vaccum lines are all off. Rear door panels and trunk panel off. someone took off to install new speakers. comes with some speakers and door panels.
I took the mechanical fan out, and was just running the electric and had another 10" electric but took it out for another project.
I also got rid of the pressurized coolant system. Put a hose type filler nech in top hose. temporary till I got a 95 radiator and overflow bottle.
Rite now the old pressure bottle is just sitting in engine compartment hooked to overflow on coolant filler neck.
The setup does work. I did it because I was having problems with system, and have done it with other renix xj's. Same with the electric fan instead of mechanical, helps with HP an MPG. Plus I like the electric fan for offroad to be able to turn off on.

Of course the day I got it running and drove it around a brake line blew. The main going to rear, somewere under drivers seat.

Otherwise jeep is complete, stock, never been molested. You can tell it was takin care of and was just a DD.
Tons of new parts. All stock. It is the pioneer so it has all options, power everything, leather seats. Interior is dirty, worn typicical. Biut good overall.
The driver door has ding, and passenger rear as well. Probally why they painted flat black. hardly noticeable. I didn't care I was gonna paint it silver or green and wheel it.

This jeep with some TLC, and a new electric fan, If you want ac itll need the return or supply line cant remeber which one. but I did tape of and block an close valves on pump and firewall for a/c setup.was gonna use it for a OBA setup.

ask for more pics or info.

the longer it sits for me to look at, I get bored, the more Ill end up fixing to meet the price im asking.

PICTURES SAY 2007, But they were actually in march this year.
Attached Thumbnails 88 cherokee pioneer rust free selec trac-100_0941.jpg   88 cherokee pioneer rust free selec trac-100_0937.jpg   88 cherokee pioneer rust free selec trac-100_0931.jpg   88 cherokee pioneer rust free selec trac-100_0945.jpg   88 cherokee pioneer rust free selec trac-100_0943.jpg  

Last edited by justinjeepcobra; 05-14-2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: forgot setence.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 88-95-96-01
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

I cant remember what carfacts said, but it was either a pioneer or Laredo? And currently approx.- 220k miles. It was down south, then came up here bout ten years ago. I do have the panels, and spare tire with brand new snow tire and original tire cover.
But clean title, never any accidents. Goood solid, 99% complete starts up, lights, wipers power seats, all working Cherokee.