Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 2001 Cherokee Sport For Sale

Old 12-26-2017, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Default 2001 Cherokee Sport For Sale

I moved to San Francisco from South Carolina 6 months ago and left my 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport behind at my parent's home in Irmo, SC. Instead of shipping it out West, I decided to get a new vehicle.

I have owned this Jeep since 2004 at 35,000 miles. It now has 165,456 miles. I'm willing to entertain most reasonable offers on this Jeep and happy to answer any question you might have.

I have done a majority of the most common Jeep repairs and replacements over the years and have paperwork/invoices for most of it. This includes a replacement of the evaporator core to service the AC -- one of the more expensive repairs to make. I have this file in San Francisco and will update this listing when I return on Jan 2.

Performed by Professionals
-Stay tuned for official list on Jan 2.

Performed by me
-AC Switch Replacement: the AC dial had stopped working on the 2 and 3 because the switch connection underneath the glove compartment was melted. I ordered a new part and replaced it myself. Works perfectly. (Feb. 2017)
-I replaced the back door hydraulic arms in March 2017.
-New shocks.

Stuff I haven't Fixed
-The check engine light comes on for no reason sometimes. This has been the case for years. I was told that fixing the electrical issue (can't remember what it was exactly) would cost about $200. I just felt like spending the cash elsewhere on the vehicle.
-The back left tire needs to be replaced. It has a very slow leak.

--I have also performed a lot of upgrades and modifications and was in the process of doing more when I decided to make the move without it.

JCR Offroad XJTH-97-BARE Heavy Duty LED Tail Light Housing in Bare Steel for 97-01 Jeep® Cherokee XJ
--I've installed these with the proper tail lights, as well as fully primed the bare metal. They are ready for paint. My plan was to get the additional side pieces (XJ Quarter Panel Armor) and a new bumper (Jeep XJ Rear Bumper - Crusader), but didn't get around to it. You will see in the pictures that I removed the original bumper and side pieces.

Headliner Re-do
As is the case with most Jeeps, the headliner began to sag pretty significantly and fall down. I took out the entire headliner, ripped off the old fabric and scraped off the batting. I then sprayed the remaining headliner with truck bedliner from Autozone. It turned out pretty great -- you'll see in the photos. I also removed the fabric from the visors and sprayed those with bedliner too.

New Stereo
I took out the factory Stereo and replaced it with a Sony.

New Interior Pieces
There we a couple interior pieces that had gotten cracked over the years, primarily the dash. I replaced each of them with new pieces.

Front Seat Covers
I covered the front seats with synthetic gray covers. The seats themselves aren't really that bad - I just wanted a different look. See photos.

In progress mods
-I was planning on painting the Jeep, so I stripped off the side rubber pieces and have removed one of the "CHEROKEE" words on the side. See pictures.
-I was planning on replacing the front bumper, so I removed the stock side plastic pieces.
-The front right fender is off (and I don't have it anymore) since I was planning on putting new fender flares on.

Condition of the Jeep

Exterior:
--There are your expected scratches on the outside. I've tried to be pretty detailed in the photos, so take a look there to see the amount.
--About 8 years ago, someone broke in and on the left passenger window - the window trim is bent. See photos. I just never thought it was worth it to get it repaired.
--On the top of the Jeep there is a quarter sized patched area that has been there since I bought the Jeep in 2004. Not sure what it was from, but it's never produced any leaks and really isn't noticeable.

Interior:
--In the back area side pieces and the back door interior piece, there are a lot of scratches and imperfections. My plan was to paint them or just replace them.
—The interior is in just OKAY condition. I’ve had this vehicle for 14 years, so there is definitely wear and tear. But, for the amount of time I’ve had it - I think it looks pretty decent. Replacing some of the front interior pieces helped.
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Cherokee Sport For Sale-img_3413.jpg   2001 Cherokee Sport For Sale-img_3412.jpg   2001 Cherokee Sport For Sale-img_3418.jpg   2001 Cherokee Sport For Sale-img_3420.jpg   2001 Cherokee Sport For Sale-img_3423.jpg  

2001 Cherokee Sport For Sale-img_3427.jpg   2001 Cherokee Sport For Sale-img_3428.jpg   2001 Cherokee Sport For Sale-img_3410.jpg  
Old 12-26-2017, 01:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

4x4? Price?