Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[MidWest]: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic Fully Locked, 5.5" LA lift, 33's, Ford 8.8 rear

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic Fully Locked, 5.5" LA lift, 33's, Ford 8.8 rear

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200984602097?forcerRptr=true&item=200984602097&viewitem=

Selling my 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic. I have had the truck for about a year and a half now, picked it up in KY a while back. The truck is rust free and has only seen one winter here in the NW IN area.

Here is the detail/mod list:

4.0L inline 6 cylinder w/ ~156,xxx miles
- New starter
- New battery
- New engine mounts
- New trans mount
- K&N air cleaner
MSD plug wires
Bored throttle body
Throttle body spacer
New APN header
New muffler and some exhaust tubing
5.5" long arm lift kit from Rubicon Express with full leaf and shackles
Rubicon Express Shocks, front and back
Daystar bumstops
Bar-pin eliminators for the rear shocks
Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares
8.8 Ford rear end conversion with disc brakes (all around)
4.10 gearing front and back
Aussie lockers both front and back
JKS front sway bar disconnects and new sway bar bushings
Just about brand new 33"x10.5" BFG KM2 tires - absolutely love these tires
New Craiger Black D-Window rims
Spidertrax spacers both front and back
SYE
Tom Woods high angle rear drive shaft
JCR Premium winch bumper with heavy duty brackets and D-Rings
JCR Stage 3 sliders with bottom carriage
JCR 1-Ton OTK steering upgrade
Forged Pitman Arm
Curt Trailer hitch w/ T-connector
R134A AC upgrade
700ff Hella Fog Lights upgraded to 100 watt bulbs and wired into a separate dash switch
Headlight upgrade

The entire bottom of the Jeep has been sprayed with Raptor-liner and is in excellent condition.

I purchased the Jeep with the lift already installed. After driving it home, we took apart most of the suspension of the truck to go over it thoroughly to see what it needed. In doing so, we did the following:

- changed out many bushings that needed to be changed (some not listed above such as track bar bushings, shock bushings, etc.)
- stripped the paint from the entire bottom of the Jeep then prepped, primed, and raptor lined it
- painted the shocks and coils
- installed new bumpstops
- installed BPE's
- installed the fender flares
- painted other parts of the suspension needed
- upgraded it to a 1-ton JCR OTK steering set up
- swapped the old header for an APN header
- changed out the Engine mounts and Trans mounts
- did some typical spring cleaning

All work on the Jeep has been done by me and I take pride in my work, keeping it clean and making sure each project is done correctly, down to the correct torque specs and lube. This is not some trail rig that has been beat to crap. I daily drive this Jeep and take great care of it. The fluids have been maintained regularly. The coolant was flushed recently and oil changes regularly.

The truck is very clean but of course, it is a Jeep, so it does have a few things needed to be looked into:
- It does not have a horn. It didn't come with one when I bought it and never really needed it. Easy install if you want one, the wiring should be all there.
- Driver's door check makes a little noise when opening and closing the door.
- Stain in cargo area on carpet, it doesn't smell or cause any issues. It was there when I bought the truck.

I am selling because I am planning to be traveling more and would like to move to something more gas-mileage and environmentally friendly. I hate to see it go, it is a great Jeep. For the few times I had it off road, it climbs just about over anything with no issues. I rarely needed to even put it into 4WD Hi, let along Lo. The flex that the Rubicon Express long arm kit gives is really impressive. It drives and rides like a Jeep, but good for the amount of modifications done to it. I traveled over 350 miles to get it home and have traveled 100+ miles on trips numerous times without issues. It is also pretty quick and whistles with throttle body upgrade (cool feature). Like I said, it's a great Jeep.

That's about it for the details. I am sure I am forgetting a few things but will add them if I think of anything else. Hopefully this truck goes to a good home.

Pics are all up on eBay

(Note: the truck does not come with a CB radio)

Last edited by CrawlinPepper; 11-06-2013 at 09:38 PM.