Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[MidAtl]: 1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport XJ 4.0 4x4 Auto (STOCK)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD - 1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport XJ 4.0 4x4 Auto (STOCK)

SOLD 1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport XJ 4.0 4x4 4WD

Location - Raleigh, NC 27612
Price - $1200.00

I am not willing to part it out. Too old and too lazy. I bought this Jeep about 3 years ago. My son had wrecked his 94 XJ and we were going to put his motor in this one or the front axle from this one on his. We found the parts to fix his on the cheap, so I decide to keep this one as a back-up car. I have since bought a Durango and another Jeep, so I just don’t need this one.

209,8xx miles
4.0 six cylinder
Automatic transmission
Bone stock with a solid body.

The engine has the wrist pin knock (per my shop) common to these motors. The knock was present when I bought it (see above about swapping motors) and it has not changed. The noise is a little annoying on occasion, but does not seem to affect performance. No leaks/drips, does not smoke and runs fine. I have driven it nearly 10,000 miles since I bought it – including about 1000 miles in the last month, where I have taken two trips to Wilmington down I-40 at 70mph and got 18mpg. I also took one trip to Morehead City with a side trip to Wilmington and drove about 60mph and got 20mpg. I get about 14mpg around town in it. I do drive it regularly – 2-3 times a week, so it has not just been sitting.

It drives true and straight on the road. I put new tires on it when I bought it – less than 10K miles on it. Radiator also replaced when I decided to drive it. It runs cool and has never overheated. Good oil pressure.

I run the 4x4 through all gears about every 60 days. From the build sheet:
DGSS 4-Speed Automatic AW4 Transmission
DHNS Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System
DJHS 230MM Front Axle
DMDS 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio
DRAS Corporate 8.25 Rear Axle

Inspection and registration is current.

Headliner fabric removed (Did you really have to ask?). … Otherwise, interior is in good shape and fairly clean – no rips or tears, etc. It even comes with the coveted console side mount cup holder!

Radio – it has one, but I never use it. One or two of the speakers work. If a radio is important, you will probably want to upgrade.

Electric door locks – they work. But the rear doors don’t always unlock if it’s cold out.

Electric Windows – they all work!

The headlight switch has been replaced and the interior light works fine. Cigarette Lighter works great to charge a phone/GPS as I don’t smoke.

AC – compressor kicks on but system was not charged when I bought it. I never had it charged and simply unplugged the compressor. I did say all the windows work.

Heat. Yep. It’s good. You can buy a frozen turkey in Morehead City, put it in the car, turn the heat on high and drive to Raleigh – your Turkey will be done upon arrival.

Horn. It’s good, but prior owner moved button to the dash.

Wipers – Delay doesn’t work, but High/Low is fine. Rear one works great.

Cruise control – My right foot handles that since the OEM cruise no longer works.

I have enjoyed this Jeep greatly, but it is time to say goodbye. It has the usual wear and defects for a Jeep of this age and mileage, but has been cared for and I have not taken it off road. 4x4 was used in the snow some, but we don't get much snow in Raleigh. I can’t speak for prior owners, but it does not show signs of being used off road on any regular basis – at least not to me.

Clean NC Title
Attached Images      

Last edited by crpthird; 12-23-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: SOLD