Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is running BDS LongArm? Anyone have bushing issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Who is running BDS LongArm? Anyone have bushing issues?

I'm running a BDS LA and when Im driving down a trail or say a road with pit holes or its tuff I get this banging noise like under my feet seems like and I can only think its coming from the control arms. I replaced the tranny mount and all the bolts are tight on the control arms and the cross member is tight also. Any ideas? Have any if u had this issue? Thanks
Old 04-28-2014, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.6L Stroker

I'm going to go out on the limb here and say you have flex joints/ Johnny Joints in that kit? If so that sounds like what my joints are doing on my adjustable lowers, they either are not properly tightened, need grease, or need a rebuild.

Mine sadly need a rebuild but at this point I am just waiting till its time to put my long arm upgrade in. The guy I sold this jeep too and then bought back 3 years later let it go.... I have had to put almost $1400 in replacement parts in it and I am still not done.... anyways that has nothing to do with yours.

A good check is to have it on a flat surface and have someone crank the wheel back and forth fully while your under it and watch the movement of the control arms, if it moves more than slightly, your joints might need adjustment, if it slops 1 side to the other when they turn, she will need pulled and checked to see if the joints are ok, if not rebuild and put it back on. Luckily flex and johnny joints are easy to repair.