Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what companies will take out what i dont need in a lift for better$$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default what companies will take out what i dont need in a lift for better$$$

My rearend is all setup 6" don't need anything there. I have new drop brackets on front but unsure if I'll use them or go long arm. Basically I need a entire front(Trac bar, shocks,,etc) I was going to piece one together but realized I will have price of a complete short arm kit in arms and Trac bar alone. I have 700 today to order or could go up to 1200? Or so for longarms. I just want a solid capable system that will handle a decent amount of trail abuse. I don't wheel much but this is a toy not a DD(is street driven seldom but mostly will be used for trips to rausch creek, trails) so I would rather over do it than under.
Basically I want the most for the money....ha guide me to the best source of these parts I seek
Old 02-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998

If I had the money.....
http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...b61486f086d4d6
Then I would get some bilstein shocks and RE coils and call it done.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:10 PM

Well that was one brand I was looking at in the lift brand stricky, but I was really hoping to just find a company willing to take out the rear end stuff from a complete lift and give me a deal. Rough country said they will but from the little reading I have done they are not the brand I want to "overdo" my build. I still may piece it together and go with them(serious) though thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 09:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by turtletrax
Well that was one brand I was looking at in the lift brand stricky, but I was really hoping to just find a company willing to take out the rear end stuff from a complete lift and give me a deal. Rough country said they will but from the little reading I have done they are not the brand I want to "overdo" my build. I still may piece it together and go with them(serious) though thanks
why do you want to buy a kit? Just buy the stuff you need individually. Cheaper and you can get good quality ****.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by tssguy123
why do you want to buy a kit? Just buy the stuff you need individually. Cheaper and you can get good quality ****.
I havent actually added up all i need individually but I was under impression that buying it all in a package substantially saved you money over everything individually. Sorry going fast is my main hobby this was just a impulse thinking I could get everything to my doorstep without my side projects requiring projects and have to get involved in 30 pages of forum arguing for one component choice....lol thats how it goes I guess. But cheaper is good
Old 02-05-2014, 09:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

Any of the vendors could probably help you out- I would recommend hitting up www.SeriousOffroad.com - He is a forum supporter here and makes those long arms you were looking at. Might be a little cheaper to go through www.IronRockOffroad.com but it depends on weather or not you like their design.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:53 PM

Thanks, it looks like I will be going with one of the 2. They seem to be the best midrange companies for the $$ from what Ive seen.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:15 PM
CF Veteran

I havent actually added up all i need individually but I was under impression that buying it all in a package substantially saved you money over everything individually. Sorry going fast is my main hobby this was just a impulse thinking I could get everything to my doorstep without my side projects requiring projects and have to get involved in 30 pages of forum arguing for one component choice....lol thats how it goes I guess. But cheaper is good
lol, yes. Buy individually and you'll save... just shop around. Don't buy everything from one person if they aren't the cheapest person selling it... ie, buy one thing from the cheapest seller, then the next from its cheapest seller.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:33 PM

which company did I read comes with a skid for the arm mount? I saw it somewhere now I cant re trace my steps as to where
Old 02-05-2014, 10:44 PM
CF Veteran

which company did I read comes with a skid for the arm mount? I saw it somewhere now I cant re trace my steps as to where
Skid Row? I know there's some big one... depends if you want to weld or bolt on.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:58 PM

Has anybody heard of this place? 5.5" RE coils for 86$$?? The light bar I wanted 50 less too..... http://mudflaps.com/i-7093397-rubico...zj-4-pair.html
Old 02-05-2014, 11:08 PM
CF Veteran

Has anybody heard of this place? 5.5" RE coils for 86$$?? The light bar I wanted 50 less too..... http://mudflaps.com/i-7093397-rubico...zj-4-pair.html
a couple people on JF ordered from them just fine

Amazon has them for 76$ with free shipping if you have prime.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:31 PM

a couple people on JF ordered from them just fine

Amazon has them for 76$ with free shipping if you have prime.
Ya they are 88 from RE on amazon. I ordered them.... looks like Im piecing it lol. I have fat bobs springs under it now for the "budget" lift I intended...... we all know how that goes. I have them, the white 3" shocks, track bar bracket etc all brand new 0 miles on it, now....6" later and new STT 33x12.50's my budget components I dont want any more lol. But if I can keep finding deals Ill be set. I had the serious arms in my cart until I saw the shipping price, Im going to try and find some kind of deal going on I guess. Like I said I have the drop down brackets already so even if I find a deal on short arms Ill take it. But the difference in buying 4 short arms to buying a long arm is retarded little
Old 02-06-2014, 12:14 AM
CF Veteran

Ya they are 88 from RE on amazon. I ordered them.... looks like Im piecing it lol. I have fat bobs springs under it now for the "budget" lift I intended...... we all know how that goes. I have them, the white 3" shocks, track bar bracket etc all brand new 0 miles on it, now....6" later and new STT 33x12.50's my budget components I dont want any more lol. But if I can keep finding deals Ill be set. I had the serious arms in my cart until I saw the shipping price, Im going to try and find some kind of deal going on I guess. Like I said I have the drop down brackets already so even if I find a deal on short arms Ill take it. But the difference in buying 4 short arms to buying a long arm is retarded little
weird, they were only 76 when i posted that. there were only 3 in stock though.. maybe they sold out
Old 02-06-2014, 12:29 AM

weird, they were only 76 when i posted that. there were only 3 in stock though.. maybe they sold out
76 for 4.5" coils, Im showing 88 for 5.5 coils

Quick Reply: what companies will take out what i dont need in a lift for better$$$