Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L for now.
Default Weird Question

Okay. I know this is going to sound really weird. I have a 99 Cherokee being given to me. Only problem, it was run into a tree. But there is a bright side my friends, if its possible. I have an chevy truck that was crushed in the rear by a falling tree (ironic huh?) and was curious if the front clip could be swapped from the truck to the Jeep. Fabrication is not a problem. But was curious of how it so I figured I'd ask the internet. Haha. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 89
Engine: 4.0 I6

If fab is not an issue then why ask? Just do it. Anything's possible.

Frankly I wouldn't put a chevy clip on my jeep, its a jeep dammit.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:02 PM

Well. This is true. Just more curious of degree of difficulty. Also. The why is I run a lot of sand drags and such. Looking for something to step up with. If I can try to do something to make it different. I will.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Well, if by "clip" you mean, the fenders, grille, and other cosmetic things then yes, it would be possible. Extremely stupid in my opinion but, definitely possible. I, however, am assuming you're talking about the whole front end, frame and all. That would be nearly impossible without a RIDICULOUS amount of fabrication. The XJ is a thin, unibody. That truck has a full frame that is quite a bit thicker than the unibody rails on an XJ. The amount of fab required would be insane. Besides, Cherokee's don't have a very long wheel base. Sand drag rigs are always long, low, and narrow.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by BNJeepsta
Well, if by "clip" you mean, the fenders, grille, and other cosmetic things then yes, it would be possible. Extremely stupid in my opinion but, definitely possible. I, however, am assuming you're talking about the whole front end, frame and all. That would be nearly impossible without a RIDICULOUS amount of fabrication. The XJ is a thin, unibody. That truck has a full frame that is quite a bit thicker than the unibody rails on an XJ. The amount of fab required would be insane. Besides, Cherokee's don't have a very long wheel base. Sand drag rigs are always long, low, and narrow.
Very true. Thanks. Also, it is usually like that, EXCEPT, when the class requires stock wheel base. But was just curious. Makes sense what you are saying. Thanks again.