Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibrations questions along with a few others

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L High Output
Question Vibrations questions along with a few others

Ok. So I blew the head gasket on my XJ back in like may. Bought a car. Committed heresy and parked it in parents back yard. NOW i blew the head gasket on the car. So basically im selling the car. Taking the money from the car and my tax return. And am going to fix my XJ.

Now to the questions. I have vibrations from about 55 to 65. After 65 i got nothing. Ive been out of the game for awhile. And i have been doing some research. BUT i figured might as well ask anyways. So. I got the NP242 transfer case. I personally don't want to do a hack n tap to get an SYE (if its needed) I also don't want to throw in a T-case drop. So shims? I have 6° shims i believe from when i was thinking of going from 3" of lift to 5.

I have an adjustable track bar. Im going to put in new lower control arms. I've got decent shocks. So not sure about all that crap.

NOW when i was doing the lift. I broke the sway bar bolt things. AND couldn't get them out. The way they broke didn't allow for any tools to press them out. So I like the stupid 16 year old I was drilled the holes out. Could having a somewhat unstable front sway bar cause such issues while driving?

And last but not least. Seeing i plan on dropping upwards of a grand on getting this thing completely fixed and highway worthy. Seeing I drive about 1800 miles a month for work/drill (not including all the other trips and what not) which is all highway driving. What else should I do to make it a better vehicle?

I'm replacing the XJ/XJ rear lift pack i built with a XJ/S10 leaf pack. So just for the sake of repeating myself. My plans are already to replace the lower control arms. Shocks. Head gasket. Maybe get the drive shafts re-balanced or maybe new drive shafts in general And any thing else that is suggested by you wonderful people!

Don't give me too much crap for sounding like a noob again. I'm trying to figure this all out as fast as possible because i need it for work.

Last edited by Axel1831; 02-07-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L High Output

Would this work with the vibes?

http://ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2...egory_Code=XDT