Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upper and lower link grease fittings

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default upper and lower link grease fittings

over the last couple of days i started getting a little bet of crecking and popping in the frontend. i thought it was the upper and lower links where lose or needing grease. i notes that my upper and lower links had a screw where the grease fitting should be. so, i pulled one of the screws out and ran down to pick some grease fitting and found they don't make a 1/4x20 grease fitting. so, i called the guy i got the lift from and he said that Rock Krawler told him they don't need to be greased and just need to spray some lube on them from time to time. ok!?

i found my crecking and popping problem. "trac bar bracket was lose".
but, i would like your thoughts on the grease fitting thing. should i drill and tap for fitting that fit or just leave it alone and just spray them with lube from time to time.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

Rk is some of the best stuff on the market so if they themselves say just spray it that's what I would do
Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by wiggles
Rk is some of the best stuff on the market so if they themselves say just spray it that's what I would do
i was thinking the same. but, i see other companys with grease fitting on there links and was thinking, "should i". i sprayed the crap out of them with motorcycle chain lube for now.

what spray lube should i be using? i play hard. live on the river. lots of sand and mud.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have run rockkrawler heims since their second gen longarm kit from 2005. They used to sell them with grease fittings, but they were so small everyone snapped them off and was left with a gaping hole. It was hard to find replacements and eventually i forgot about it. 7 years,150k miles of beating on them later, and they are still tight as new and dont make a peep of noise.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by ktmracer419
I have run rockkrawler heims since their second gen longarm kit from 2005. They used to sell them with grease fittings, but they were so small everyone snapped them off and was left with a gaping hole. It was hard to find replacements and eventually i forgot about it. 7 years,150k miles of beating on them later, and they are still tight as new and dont make a peep of noise.
kool, kool!!! thank you for the info. i'm pretty happy with the set up.