Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track bar too big?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Track bar too big?

I recently replaced my factory track bar with a Rough Country adjustable track bar, though I ordered the one made for 2"+ lifts by mistake, and my vehicle has a 1.5" lift. They told me at the 4x4 shop where it was installed that I may want to bring it back in to put some spacers on because the track bar was a little "too big" for the vehicle.

I'm planning on ordering a 4.5" lift from Rough Country anyway, so that should solve any problems, though tonight I was going around a bend in the road and my XJ began to shake violently. I eventually regained control, although it was scary. Luckily this happened right outside my neighborhood, so I pulled it into my driveway and inspected the track bar. I haven't noticed anything wrong with it, but I'm kind of afraid to drive it now. Will it be safe to drive at 50 mph+ speeds?
Old 12-31-2011, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy bought one a bit too long for his lift on a zj and it bent the stock frame side bracket so put the stock back on for now. I would put the stock back on till u get it up high enough for that trac bar or sell it and buy on for ur height
Old 12-31-2011, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4 ohh

Originally Posted by West
I recently replaced my factory track bar with a Rough Country adjustable track bar, though I ordered the one made for 2"+ lifts by mistake, and my vehicle has a 1.5" lift. They told me at the 4x4 shop where it was installed that I may want to bring it back in to put some spacers on because the track bar was a little "too big" for the vehicle.

I'm planning on ordering a 4.5" lift from Rough Country anyway, so that should solve any problems, though tonight I was going around a bend in the road and my XJ began to shake violently. I eventually regained control, although it was scary. Luckily this happened right outside my neighborhood, so I pulled it into my driveway and inspected the track bar. I haven't noticed anything wrong with it, but I'm kind of afraid to drive it now. Will it be safe to drive at 50 mph+ speeds?
Have you had an alignment since the lift?