Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trac bar question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Trac bar question.

Hey everyone new to this forum looking for some help. So back in 2006 I put the 4.5 rough country lift on my 99 cherokee it came with this bracket that you were supposed to bolt to the existing trac-bar mount on the axle to help center the axle. I welded it in place instead (seemed safer). Now fast forward a few years I parked it when I found out I was having a kid in 08. Just recently started to work on it again and replacing all bushings and other miscellaneous parts and want to put an adjustable trac bar on it. Question is do you think the bracket I welded on is going to mess me up or should i still be able to get it dialed in with the bracket there.

Thank you so much
Old 05-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998
Engine: I6 4.0

Originally Posted by Njxjblackie
Hey everyone new to this forum looking for some help. So back in 2006 I put the 4.5 rough country lift on my 99 cherokee it came with this bracket that you were supposed to bolt to the existing trac-bar mount on the axle to help center the axle. I welded it in place instead (seemed safer). Now fast forward a few years I parked it when I found out I was having a kid in 08. Just recently started to work on it again and replacing all bushings and other miscellaneous parts and want to put an adjustable trac bar on it. Question is do you think the bracket I welded on is going to mess me up or should i still be able to get it dialed in with the bracket there.

Thank you so much
You want to put the new adjustable track bar in the drop bracket or regular bracket? Either will technically work, since the track bar is adjustable, just bolt it to the frame side and swing it into place on the axle mount. Since you weld, I would just cut off the old frame end bracket and put a new one on, that would get you better close to stock geometry.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998
Engine: I6 4.0

Basically, ditch the drop bracket.