Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire reccomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Tire reccomendations?

Hi I have stock CJ5 wheels, with the rear ones in the front and back. The size for the rims is 5 1/4 x 15 x10.
I am running these on my XJ, I was wondering if anyone had any sorta tire reccomendations.
I am looking for 30-32s, nothing too crazy. Priced $150-$300 a piece.
I was thinking Gen Grabber X3s, 31s..
You guys have anything?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Emmett Boudreau
Hi I have stock CJ5 wheels, with the rear ones in the front and back. The size for the rims is 5 1/4 x 15 x10.
I am running these on my XJ, I was wondering if anyone had any sorta tire reccomendations.
I am looking for 30-32s, nothing too crazy. Priced $150-$300 a piece.
I was thinking Gen Grabber X3s, 31s..
You guys have anything?
I work at a tire shop so I am able to ask customers their reviews on all types of tires. Seems you want an all terrain correct? The x3 is a newer tire. People switching from the grabber at2 are not impressed and wish they would have went with the at2 instead so there is that. The at2 is a top tier all terrain imo, based off of customer review and my own time with them. You also got Cooper at3 that are excellent. The bfg ko2 has the highest ratings i have heard from customers and is generally regarded as one of, if not the best all terrain currently available. A tad expensive though, but worth it imo. Moving along i like the fallen all terrain as a mid range tire. Another mid range option I like are the khumo all terrain, and Hankook as well. The midrange of all terrain is large, ij just picked a few i personally like. It all comes down to which you like best.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

I will tell you Coopers. the next guy will tell you BFG's and the next guy will tell you Goodyears.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999

Originally Posted by WyoCherokee
I will tell you Coopers. the next guy will tell you BFG's and the next guy will tell you Goodyears.
Goodyear imo are in the yoyo and nitro tier...overated and their name and past reputation are carrying them. Their tires aren't all that great.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L6

I've run 4 sets of BFGoodrich T/A KOs on two Broncos and my XJ. They are excellent tires off-road, but I agree they are overpriced, and can be a bit noisy for a daily driver. I will continue to run them on my Bronco, but the next set for my XJ will be Cooper AT3s. I don't have direct experience with them, but always hear great things from those who do. I think they're a better choice for a DD that sees offroad duty on occasion.