Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

timing issues :S

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default timing issues :S

i recently convertabled my block (threw a rod) in my 99XJ so i found a donor motor from what i was told was a 99 but the intake mani was different as well as the pick up coil/stator plug, so i put the ones off my old motor onto the new one, i dont know if that is a huge deal or not, from the research ive done these engines dont seem to be different in any other way, but after i got the new motor put back in and piston 1 at TDC and the rotor pointed the best i could at spark plug 1 on the dist. the motor runs like crap it wont idle and i have to hold the throttle wide open for it to run, it seems as if my timing is waaay advanced, i replaced my crank sensor on a hunch and it did nothing i dont know of any thing else it could be help would be awesome thanks
Old 09-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by himalayanXJ
i recently convertabled my block (threw a rod) in my 99XJ so i found a donor motor from what i was told was a 99 but the intake mani was different as well as the pick up coil/stator plug, so i put the ones off my old motor onto the new one, i dont know if that is a huge deal or not, from the research ive done these engines dont seem to be different in any other way, but after i got the new motor put back in and piston 1 at TDC and the rotor pointed the best i could at spark plug 1 on the dist. the motor runs like crap it wont idle and i have to hold the throttle wide open for it to run, it seems as if my timing is waaay advanced, i replaced my crank sensor on a hunch and it did nothing i dont know of any thing else it could be help would be awesome thanks
your probably anxious and all but i left you a reply in your other thread plz try to keep clutter down multiple threads for one question isn't necessary
Old 09-17-2011, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i didnt really realize that this was not the right forum to post that in until after
Old 09-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

oh ok i see