Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.

Steering issue/death wobble

Old 05-03-2017, 06:19 PM

Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Steering issue/death wobble

I am having an issue with death wobble after putting on new adjustable control arms and having an alignment I just wanted to see if everything on the front end looked good from the picture my next step is tire rotation and balance. Any input would be great
Old 05-06-2017, 04:59 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1989 xj sport 2dr
Engine: 12 hole bosch Injectors

Attached Images  

Last edited by freegdr; 05-06-2017 at 05:02 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:33 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by sajohnson05 View Post
I am having an issue with death wobble after putting on new adjustable control arms and having an alignment I just wanted to see if everything on the front end looked good from the picture my next step is tire rotation and balance. Any input would be great
Angles look ok but what lift height?

FWIW, my DW was caused by a wallowed out from LCA hole. I think the wallow was created because I was running short arms on 6" of lift, so much of the jounce input from the road was going through that joint into the CAs instead of up through the spring.

I fixed the wallowed out holes by welding on washers, and then upgraded to long arms which I really needed anyway at that lift height.