Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shout out to DND

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Shout out to DND

My fellow XJ lovers. I ordered a bumper from these guys not too long ago. All I have to say is positive things. I know we don't do reviews a lot on here but I wanna talk these guys up. They don't seem to be known to well. The bumper I got from them was roughly $200, decent price in my eyes, here's the link https://dndoffroad.3dcartstores.com/...ings_p_83.html . It looks great, kinda heavy (60lbs) but its a beast. They did a little custom work on it for me, at no extra charge. And shipping for this little beauty was only $40 Once I get time to upload some pics I'll show you how it looks mounted, waiting to replace my radiator first, but once it's done I'll show you guys.

Long story short, the customer service at DND was great, the product was great and at a wonderful price. I will be ordering from the again, just out of the fact they were very nice, and make quality products!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Looks like they have some nice prices, but I didn't see any winch options for the XJ on their site. I'm a long way from doing my bumpers but still looking around to get a feel for what I might want. definitely something winch-mountable.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

those things are not tied in very well.

even thier rear bumper with tire carrier only uses the stock mounting points!

Its not the bumper or bolts that will break with a good tug, its the unibody its bolted to that will get torn apart and/or crack over time.

With the weight of a spare tire on the stock mounting points in back will lead to a very flexy setup back there and will destroy the stock mounts pretty quickly. Makes me wonder if they even test thier products before selling them.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PocketsEmpty
Looks like they have some nice prices, but I didn't see any winch options for the XJ on their site. I'm a long way from doing my bumpers but still looking around to get a feel for what I might want. definitely something winch-mountable.
looks like the front bumper pictured here can take a winch. but no way I would run it with the stock bumper mount points, Thats just asking for trouble.

https://dndoffroad.3dcartstores.com/...ombo_p_81.html
Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ktmracer419
noticed that as well. however my rear tire carrier is only mounted to the stock points and i have no signs of fatigue. but i also only have a 31 on there. defiantly wouldnt go bigger than a 33.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are there some other bumpers with better frame supports? What's a better way to mount them? I plan on a rear tire carrier to hold a 35" at some point down the road...i'm a newb with bumpers and mounts!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl.

Originally Posted by ktmracer419

even thier rear bumper with tire carrier only uses the stock mounting points!

Its not the bumper or bolts that will break with a good tug, its the unibody its bolted to that will get torn apart and/or crack over time.

With the weight of a spare tire on the stock mounting points in back will lead to a very flexy setup back there and will destroy the stock mounts pretty quickly. Makes me wonder if they even test thier products before selling them.
x2 at this. We were going to make a tire carrier for my friends cherokee, which had a custom rear bumper on it when he got it using the stock mounts. He was coming off a rock with it and the bumper landed on the rock decently hard. Stripped the bottom two stock mounting holes on the right of their threading and put a crack on the upper right hole on the right mount. Stock mounts arent all that strong.

Last edited by xj_maniac_newb; 02-01-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Old School CF Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2001

Originally Posted by PocketsEmpty
Are there some other bumpers with better frame supports? What's a better way to mount them? I plan on a rear tire carrier to hold a 35" at some point down the road...i'm a newb with bumpers and mounts!

You need something that ties further into the unibody.