Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shock question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Shock question

Alright so I'm all about budget builds and I picked up some 2.5 lift shackles and new shocks from a jeep from a junkyard and have been driving it around as it looks like a dragster lol but I just bought 4.5 inch lift coils. What would be the ideal shocks I can get at a junk yard I'm all about the stock vehicles I can go pull any stock shocks from a vehicle from a junk yard. I've looked at many different websites and I've picked up tj and jk rubicon front shocks are 14.75 compressed and our xj stock shocks are 13.05 so what other vehicles stock shocks would be 15+ that I can goto a vehicle in a junk yard and get them off of? Does anyone know? My next research would be to fabricate a mount on top so I don't have to limit myself to a thread shock if you know what I mean. And yes 4.5 in front and 2.5 in the rear. But I have fabricated a heavy *** bumper. So it should sit around 3.5-4 in the front and I can always throw blocks under the rear or new leafs
Old 01-25-2017, 11:37 AM
No, I don't lick fish.

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Post that over here man...

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/al...3/#post3352141