Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious Offroad 4.5" LA

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Serious Offroad 4.5" LA

Has anyone had experience with this kit. For $2,500, it looks like a pretty solid kit, and it comes with SYE and driveshaft along with Bilstein 5100 shocks. The other kit I was previously looking at was RC LA kit, but I have read ALOT of **** reviews on there products. I am planning on going with a max of 33" tires and it will be a DD. Thanks guys.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

i dont have any experience with that kit but frank is a good guy to deal with and thats a very complete kit. definetly get that kit over RC
Old 10-27-2012, 05:54 PM

Do you really want to pay that much money for a mall crawler?
Old 10-27-2012, 05:58 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1994

Originally Posted by RGibbs
Just because it's a dd does not mean its a mall crawler smart guy. And is it your money? Then shut it

I haven't heard a single bad thing about their products, and you can pm him on here if you have any questions. But that's a very complete kit with high quality products.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Folks,
I assembled all of the items for the 4.5" and 5.5" kit after getting some requests for a list of products to purchase in addition to my L/A Upgrade kit. I'll put 2 more together for all you NP242J owners tomorrow as well.

These are incredible kits for going to the mall, the mud pit, or the rock pile.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by I Leak Oil

Just because it's a dd does not mean its a mall crawler smart guy. And is it your money? Then shut it

I haven't heard a single bad thing about their products, and you can pm him on here if you have any questions. But that's a very complete kit with high quality products.
Chill out guy.

But that's a lot of money just to drop for a dd. why not lift see how that goes and before scaling the Rockies then spend the rest of the money.

I don't know why you just got so butthurt...
Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the help! you are a great asset to this forum!

The serious offroad kit is worlds above the rough country system IMO.

Didn't even know Frank offered such a kit with the sye/shaft and shocks. Definately a great idea, and he doesn't sell ****ty parts. He values this forum and all his customers and will go out of his way to help out a customer. You really can't go wrong.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:19 PM
CF Veteran

Chill out guy.

But that's a lot of money just to drop for a dd. why not lift see how that goes and before scaling the Rockies then spend the rest of the money.

I don't know why you just got so butthurt...
Because my xj is a dd, and its also my point anywhere and shoot rig. Just because somebody's rig is a dd does not mean it should be limited in capability. Your as bad as the guy who said he hates mt tires on a dd.

Op, sorry for the dumb fighting and thread jack. I hope you pick whatever kit you want. This seems like an awesome deal for one hell of a kit. Also can you link the kit. Im pretty interested in a better look at it

Last edited by I Leak Oil; 10-27-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Seasoned Member

I have a lower end kit, i can only dream of they day i can get one of these, i will someday!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:00 PM

Here is the link for that kit:
http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...-NP231J-T-case
I see what some say about the money as it is 600 dollars more, but i really dont want to end up going back and buying another kit later on if one was to fail on me. And yes it will be a dd, but believe me if i can find some mud or some crawling areas, i will hit them. I really want something that is going to drive smooth (reason for LA), and 4.5" is a perfect height for me. With that being said, it is best to get a sye and driveshaft to smooth out the wobble. So no matter what im spending a quite a bit of money. I just want quality and was hoping someone has ran this kit. Again it really looks like a great kit for the money and what you get with it. Thanks for all your input, this forum is great. So much information.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:20 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by sapper
Here is the link for that kit:
http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...-NP231J-T-case
I see what some say about the money as it is 600 dollars more, but i really dont want to end up going back and buying another kit later on if one was to fail on me. And yes it will be a dd, but believe me if i can find some mud or some crawling areas, i will hit them. I really want something that is going to drive smooth (reason for LA), and 4.5" is a perfect height for me. With that being said, it is best to get a sye and driveshaft to smooth out the wobble. So no matter what im spending a quite a bit of money. I just want quality and was hoping someone has ran this kit. Again it really looks like a great kit for the money and what you get with it. Thanks for all your input, this forum is great. So much information.
You just have to relize its money up front, or money later. Doing i right the first time will save you so much in the long run. Your going through a proven company. So dont stress about the kit.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:21 PM
CF Veteran

If i had seen that before i bought my lift i would have gone that route. Trust me
Old 10-27-2012, 11:29 PM
CF Veteran

Guys, keep in mind that this "Complete Kit" was only added to my site a few days ago. From the bottom of the applicable page on my site:
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 23 October, 2012.
I've sold plenty of the L/A Upgrade kits before assembling this kit if that helps.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:46 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by SeriousOffroad
Guys, keep in mind that this "Complete Kit" was only added to my site a few days ago. From the bottom of the applicable page on my site:

I've sold plenty of the L/A Upgrade kits before assembling this kit if that helps.
Would u have the time to give me a quote on the la upgrade, sye, driveshaft?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:48 PM
CF Veteran

No need to ask for a quote.

Simply add the products to your cart and the freight will be displayed

Quick Reply: Serious Offroad 4.5" LA