Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rustys steel fender

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Rustys steel fender

hey guys im looking at buying Rustys steel fender flares. i was wondering if anyone has bought them. i want a review on them. if u can i would be very thankful. if not ill be a tester.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:48 PM

Engine: 4.0 L, Inline Six

BUY THEM!...cause when has rustys ever made a bad product lol

.... or maybe not, your choice but take pics either way!1!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:55 PM

lol yeh thats y i wanted to see if anyone has bought them
Old 02-15-2014, 03:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Most of us on here don't like rustys.If you like them and got the money buy them.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:52 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999

Very recently there was a thread on exactly this and I can say the fenders are really nice a friend of mine has them and as soon as my front fenders get damaged more they will be replaced with them.

Some people bad mouth Rustys and have never owned a single product of theirs and have NO real knowledge. Some of their products like most all do have some products that are less than desire able or made to meet a price point. I run products from a lot of different people and if I get one thing that is bad I'm smart enough to know that it may not apply to the entire product line.

I do personally run some Rustys products and these have been very good ones springs coils and leaf pac's, LCA (bushing wears quickly but easy to replace) very heavy duty, rear shackles greaseable boomerang's these are a few I know of from using. I'm just too old to be too quick to judgment any more doesn't pay.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thought on this would be its kind of hard to screw up a steel fender...but either way i love rustys have never had an issue and many of my friends run their products without issues with ANY product your gonna have the naysayers who will go out of their way to bad mouth things like Fred said even if they have no personal experience...your only other option for a similar product would be **** which is around $40 cheaper BUT you do not get a panel that goes up to your rear quarter window with a rail to help push you off of obstacles and i have heard of bad fitment with **** dont know first hand though just heresay...

check out naxja i think there are one or two guys on there running this product
Old 02-15-2014, 07:27 AM
Seasoned Member

Not sure where some of you guys get your info, and more than likely the pessimists on this page have never used Rusty's products. I have used many products from Rusty's and I have broke a couple of things from them as well. The things i have broke were broke because I went beyond that parts capability, i.e. adjustable track bar(not double shear) with alot of flex. After breaking a couple of Track bar ends, I went with their double shear with added bracing.....never had any issues after that.

You should be fine with anything from Rusty's.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:53 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by highspeed
Not sure where some of you guys get your info, and more than likely the pessimists on this page have never used Rusty's products. I have used many products from Rusty's and I have broke a couple of things from them as well. The things i have broke were broke because I went beyond that parts capability, i.e. adjustable track bar(not double shear) with alot of flex. After breaking a couple of Track bar ends, I went with their double shear with added bracing.....never had any issues after that.

I had one of his Track Bars on my XJ when I bought it but I'm now at the point of where I need a little more HD one. Your correct all different kinds of needs and budgets which is a good thing for this hobby, lots of choices and prices.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:20 PM

Exocage
Old 02-15-2014, 01:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO Straight Six

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/rustys-steel-fenders-188163/

This was literally just talked about a few days ago. Go read. I'd suggest Rusty's over ****. And I'd suggest Ares Fab over both Rusty's and ****.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:21 PM

thanks for all the info guys i appreciate it. ill be ordering my set in a few weeks. will post pics on this thread along with a review of it.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:42 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO Straight Six

You going with rusty's? I'd love to hear how someone likes em
Old 02-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by highspeed

Wanna buy rustys steering kit? It came on my jeep and was not worth its weight in screap. And after buying and pre paying for a ares fab rear bumper with d rings and receiver and it coming with no tie ins and filling up with water they leave a bad taste my mouth also wanted to buy local but regret it daily.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:51 PM
CF Veteran

jeeptubes.com was making steel fenders but they was redesigning them and that was the last we heard of them.The site now says under new management so lets see how they do things.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:57 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

I have had a few rustys parts... I did not care for their steering because it ate TRES on mine and had no bend to clear my other parts but it was at the time the best I could afford. I ended up trading it for a box of 30-06 and 6 energy drinks to a forum member. I have their roll bar which aside from being a bear to get in- has not caused a problem and makes me feel a little bit safer. I had a cheap D30 truss from them that did what it was supposed to. I have their flexable fender flares with no complaints there. I will be getting their steel flares though- I really like the way they look/bar/powder coat over H.O.R.E.

Quick Reply: Rustys steel fender