Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rusty's 3" lift, etc. quick question..

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default rusty's 3" lift, etc. quick question..

new guy here.... did and intro,.... no stranger to jeeps, but this is my first xj...soon to start a build thread, but need a start! so it's parts ordering time.

looking to build a good road jeep with mild lift to do beach duty here in Tx. this jeep will have more of an 'expedition' feel, and not see any rock duty, just sand and the occasional mud. and a lot of road miles getting there. and towing my two flats skiffs on occasion.

my plan so far...

about to order a rusty's 3" AAL and front spring kit, with shocks (might just go ahead and get the rear springs as well)... along with the heavy duty steering package. might also order an adjustable trackbar as well..

i plan to run 30x9.50 bfg ATs, or similar, but want the option to run 31x10.50s later, if i feel the need..

questions:

what do you guys think of rusty's stuff?

do i need the extended lower control arms? i plan to purchase them anyway, down the road, so to speak, but wonder if they are needed for my initial plans.

i plan to run my stock steelies with the 30s... any issues with this?

brake lines.. i want a longer one in the rear, but want a longer brake line, not the stop-gap, bracket thing. i heard a durango rear brake line is good for this? what year, etc. of durango?

anything i should be aware of? i know that vibrations are more on and 'case by case' basis, so i guess i'll just have to take my chances. i thought of just going with a 2" lift, then using spacers or shackles to get the extra inch or so, if needed, but i hate the idea of blocks, shackles and spacers to get lift...

and a big thanks! did a search and read about how to rebuild the reverse light NSS switch deal... i probably would have dived into it anyway, but it was nice having so much info!

i have a lot of plans for this jeep...